Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You'll be good now . It is those who just replaced the extractor parts that will have trouble in 50-100 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I got mine back from repair. They replaced basically everything in the slide. A few boxes of ammo later and the extractor just shot out again. At this point I’m convinced that this boils down to poor design as far as I’m concerned and this pistol should be discontinued. I’m taking it to my firearms dealer tomorrow and buying something reliable. Its a shame because ruger is a great company with good products but this one has failed me repeatedly. I will not carry a firearm that I can’t trust my life with.
I have bought a Bersa Thunder as my competing 380 until the fixes and spring kits on my LCP II are proven.

I'm telling all of you with this problem:

Return the gun to Ruger and insist on a new slide and barrel.

Do not accept extractor parts.

Do not accept them replacing only slide parts.

Otherwise, you'll repeat it until you do the above.

·
Registered
LCP 2
8 Posts
Well I went to the range with my new barrel and slide that was replaced by Ruger. In the first 20 rounds I had 4 failures to eject. In the next 50 rounds I had 3 more failures. Pretty lousy odds if you ask me. How can I have any confidence at all in a gun like this? I already emailed Ruger to tell them about it. I can't wait to see the reply. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
There is a YouTube video called LCPII tricks tips and hacks. Do the feed ramp polish and just take off the sharpness of the edge down the left side of the barrel opening. Both should help but particularly the latter for extractions.

BTW, I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 as a more reliable, albeit heavier and larger, cheap alternative til I get the LCP II sorted.

·
Registered
LCP 2
8 Posts
Ive watched that video. It might be something worth trying. But for now I'm curious as to what Ruger is going to say. I'll figure out what to do after I get they're response. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
LCP 2
8 Posts
Called Ruger yesterday and told them about the ongoing problem. The gun is now on its way back right now for further evaluation. They told me an engineer is going to check it out now. We shall see.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Accept nothing short of a new barrel and slide.

·
Registered
LCP 2
8 Posts
I'm not sure thats the answer. Thats already been done. This gun is a bad design and I agree that it should be discontinued, at least until they fix the problem.I'm really surprised this can go on. A product that your life depends on should not be subject to failure on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem 100 rounds and extractor blew out of gun . Sent to ruger they replaced slide then 100 rounds again it blows out. This time they sent slide and barrel and 100 rounds blows out again. They then sent new gun at 475 rounds starting having problems not extracting and jamming. Then at 700 rounds it blew out extractor again . It’s a shame I love the gun shots great but can’t trust for concealed carry and at this point I realize the gun design is flawed after seeing all the other posts. Ammo is too expensive to keep trying and I think I would need 1000 rounds through to trust it. Don’t buy this gun it is unreliable and could cost you your life if used for self defense .

·
Registered
LCP 2
8 Posts
Thats pretty scary. I couldn't trust that gun with my life. Ruger should discontinue this gun. I would think that they would have been able to correct the problem after so many needing repair. The engineers must be sleeping over there. I should have bought the S&W Bodyguard. That gun has been around for years. I would never buy another Ruger Firearm again.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts