Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The pistol arrived.

The sheet sent with it says that the slide assembly and barrel were replaced then test fired with 24 rounds of black hills 100gr ammo with no malfunction.

Time will tell, but pleased with Ruger's quick turnaround and what they did. I was worried they might just try and reinstall an ejector.

This way. starting fresh. Hopefully no more issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue. Brand new lcpii. Took it to the range the day I bought it and my extractor flew out after about 125 rounds. I found the parts, re-assembled, then lost them after 8 or 9 rounds. This time I was unable to find the spring.

Very disappointed as I bought it to be my daily carry. I will be calling Ruger later today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gave it to my dealer to ship in. I’ll update when it comes back. What was the turnaround time for those who sent theirs in?
I called Ruger, they emailed me a 2 day FedEx label.....they had it for 2 days and then sent it back via 2-day......

So 6 days (maybe 7) from the day I called them and I had it back.

They do require a 21 or older person to sign for it when it is delivered.....so if you are not home all the time this may not work for you.

The dealer I bought it from was a 90 minute drive away (each way).....probably could have used a more local shop but there would have ben an added charge I am sure....I wanted to avoid the middle man and I knew I would be home.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I had this happen with mine. I allowed Ruger to send me a new spring and extractor. Reinstalled. It worked for a few rounds and back into the universe went the new extractor. Tell Ruger that you expect a new slide and barrel. That's what they did on mine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks guys you answered my question I posted separately before I found this thread. See below.

Mine is a LCP classic not an LCP II. I tis a new gun so likely a tolerance issue as you discussed.

I have new parts on the way but expect I will have to send it in for service and new slide etc.

Joe

21 - 30 of 30 Posts