Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent the following in an email to Ruger on Wednesday. "I am seeking a "have on hand" repair kit, ie springs and any other suggested parts for the LCP. What would Ruger recommend?"

Response from Ruger:
We would suggest these parts in case they are lost or should break.
TAKE DOWN PIN SC03750
TAKE DOWN PIN DETENT SC05302
FIRING PIN SC01100
FIRING PIN SPRING SC01800
RECOIL SPRINGS INNER AND OUTER SC02810, SC02811

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

I am fixing to order the items Ruger has suggested. I think we can all handle replacing everything they have suggested except for the firing pin and the firing pin spring. Personally I would only attempt to replace these items on my own as a last resort. However in todays times we never know when we will be faced with a chore like this on our own. Does anyone have any written instructions on how to accomplish the task of removal and replacement of the firing pin and the firing pin spring?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Sassi said:
I sent the following in an email to Ruger on Wednesday. "I am seeking a "have on hand" repair kit, ie springs and any other suggested parts for the LCP. What would Ruger recommend?"

Response from Ruger:
We would suggest these parts in case they are lost or should break.
TAKE DOWN PIN SC03750
TAKE DOWN PIN DETENT SC05302
FIRING PIN SC01100
FIRING PIN SPRING SC01800
RECOIL SPRINGS INNER AND OUTER SC02810, SC02811

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

I am fixing to order the items Ruger has suggested. I think we can all handle replacing everything they have suggested except for the firing pin and the firing pin spring. Personally I would only attempt to replace these items on my own as a last resort. However in todays times we never know when we will be faced with a chore like this on our own. Does anyone have any written instructions on how to accomplish the task of removal and replacement of the firing pin and the firing pin spring?
for sure extra sets of recoil springs. Can't see a firing pin spring going bad, maybe a hammer spring breaking but not a firing pin spring, but they dont' cost much to have either...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
skywagon said:
mpd563 said:
Just curious but does anyone know the $$$ of this list?
The LCP store may want to stock the common items like springs ect.
If not too expensive, a kit containing the recommended items might be logistically more economical to implement for the store.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I placed an order this afternoon. Below are the items and the price for each item from Ruger. Now anybody got instructions available on how to change a firing pin and firing pin spring should the need arise?

TAKE DOWN PIN SC03750................$2.50 each
TAKE DOWN PIN DETENT SC05302.....$2.00 each
FIRING PIN SC01100........................$5.00 each
FIRING PIN SPRING SC01800.............$2.00 each
RECOIL SPRINGS INNER AND OUTER
SC02810, SC02811...........................$2.00 each

Shipping.........................................$3.50

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sassi said:
I placed an order this afternoon. Below are the items and the price for each item from Ruger. Now anybody got instructions available on how to change a firing pin and firing pin spring should the need arise?

TAKE DOWN PIN SC03750................$2.50 each
TAKE DOWN PIN DETENT SC05302.....$2.00 each
FIRING PIN SC01100........................$5.00 each
FIRING PIN SPRING SC01800.............$2.00 each
RECOIL SPRINGS INNER AND OUTER
SC02810, SC02811...........................$2.00 each

Shipping.........................................$3.50
I think I would add a guide rod. If you were to loose the springs while cleaning, they took the rod with them. LOL ;D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seabear1500 you are right. Since placing my order I have gone back and ordered a guide rod too. I have had some wear occur on my current guide rod on the end that contacts the barrel. So whoever updates the parts list might also include the guide rod as an item to procure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.