Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... Just picked up a new series 371, and I've just gotta say I'm impressed. I've owned a couple of KT P3AT's over the years, but never felt comfortable carrying them for a back-up/off duty piece. Wanted to like the guns, but I had sporadic problems with both. Felt uneasy relying on them to save my bacon, if needed. Wasn't too crazy about the toy-like construction and appearance either. Enter the LCP...

Wow... what a difference. Haven't gotten a chance to take her to the range yet, but she's a real beauty. The best way I can describe the LCP is that it is a highly refined KT. Absolutely no machine marks, nice bluing and very attractive frame (grip) design. Even before my first range trip, I can say the gun screams quality. Well worth the money. Now to find some 380 ammo...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sarge55,

Welcome to the group! You'll find a lot of information, entertainment, knowledge and lots of good folks here.

I think after you've had Elsie to the range you'll be even more impressed with her. (Watch out for her finger bite though. ;))

At some point you may want to consider a laser sight. I'm really happy with my Crimson Trace. But, with or without, you'll find her quite accurate. Oh, and Good Luck! on finding any .380 ammo. ;) We'll be waiting to see your range report.

Regards, Quiet1

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sarge, welcome. I never held a P3AT until after I got my Elsie and would never think of buying one after that. My latest addition to my pocket carry is a Ruhrbaugh R9S 9mm about the same size as Elsie but 9mm, so ammo is less of an issue and cheaper. John

·
Registered
59 Posts
My latest addition to my pocket carry is a Ruhrbaugh R9S 9mm about the same size as Elsie but 9mm...
Wow, I didn't even know they made a 9mm that was anywhere close to as small as the LCP. How does it compare in terms of weight? About how much do they cost? Do you like it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi....i'm new to the group and waiting for an lcp, have been for 2 mo.......i was impressed w/the R9 until i saw the price

·
Registered
59 Posts
odissy1 said:
hi....i'm new to the group and waiting for an lcp, have been for 2 mo.......i was impressed w/the R9 until i saw the price
Damn, just read that they go for about $1000 :eek:

Somehow I just don't see one of these in my near future.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... I was also considering a R9 at one point. Couldn't justified paying $1000.00+, even though I tried. Ended up with a Kahr PM9 DLC. A bit larger, but substantially less expensive. Very happy with my decision. I think the LCP is a good compromise for the R9.

Concerning 380 ammo... can't find it anywhere. Heck, can't even get it from the police distributors. With that said, it took my PD 11 months to get 45 ACP duty and training ammo LAST YEAR! Can't imagine how long it will take this year. Pretty bad when a police department can't get ammo.

C

·
0 Posts
I was looking at getting a Kahr P380, but it is too expensive for a pocket .380. Instead I bought an LCP and shipped it to Robar for an NP3 refinish (slide and internals). I really like my LCP! It is finished much nicer than the Keltec P3AT I used to have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Greg said:
How does it compare in terms of weight? About how much do they cost? Do you like it?
LCP loaded with seven Gold Dots: 12.8 ounces. *
Rohrbaugh R9s loaded with seven Gold Dots: 18.1 ounces. *
Seecamp LWS .380 loaded with seven Gold Dots: 13.9 ounces. * (Much smaller than the LCP and R9s)

All weighed on my cheap, digital "postage scale". May not be 100% accurate but all weights would be "relative" to each other.

LCP .380 MSRP $339 (?)
Rohrbaugh 9mm MSRP $1145
Seecamp .380 MSRP $795

The LCP at its price point is a great pistol. I love it!
The R9s is the Rolex of 9mm pistols. I love it!!!
The Seecamp .380 is the Rolex of .380's. A superb little jewel of engineering design and quality and a thing of beauty just to hold in your hand and look at. An objet d'arte. I love it!!!!

I hope that answers your questions. ;D ;D

Regards, Quiet1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great to hear that you had a good first experience with your LCP. I think now that we're past the recall hassle, most new users' experiences should be similar to yours.

·
Registered
352 Posts
crzy4guns said:
I was looking at getting a Kahr P380, but it is too expensive for a pocket .380. Instead I bought an LCP and shipped it to Robar for an NP3 refinish (slide and internals). I really like my LCP! It is finished much nicer than the Keltec P3AT I used to have.
You gotta post pictures of the LCP with a NP3 refinish. I'm considering refinishing mine in NP3, Melonite, or IonBond when the bluing wears out eventually. Either that or hard chrome- I think everyone on the forum has seen those photos already!

·
Registered
59 Posts
LCP .380 MSRP $339 (?)
Rohrbaugh 9mm MSRP $1145
Seecamp .380 MSRP $795

The LCP at its price point is a great pistol. I love it!
The R9s is the Rolex of 9mm pistols. I love it!!!
The Seecamp .380 is the Rolex of .380's. A superb little jewel of engineering design and quality and a thing of beauty just to hold in your hand and look at. An objet d'arte. I love it!!!!

I hope that answers your questions. Grin Grin

Regards, Quiet1
It most definitely does, thanks! It also answers another question for me: Will I be purchasing a Rohrbaugh 9mm or Seecamp .380 anytime soon? (nope!) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts