Ruger Pistol Forums banner

LC9s pulling shots low and left

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  94045 
#1 ·
Hello all! This is my first post here, and am just looking for some advice.

I just recently purchased my lc9s a few weeks ago as a 21st birthday present. My dad and I went out shooting last night, and my gun is consistently shooting low and left. We were shooting from roughly 5 yards out. At first I thought it was just me, but when my dad was shooting it, he had the same issue with it shooting low and left. We had to aim at the top right corner of the paper to have the shots hit close to the middle, aiming at the bullseye and not a single shot landed on the target. I had no issues with the .357, .380 or our .40 (which we were shooting at a longer distance), just my lc9s. Any tips/tricks for a tighter grouping for this gun? I'm not an incredible shot by any stretch of the imagination, but I have never shot a gun that took me 40 rounds to at least get it onto the paper. I've read that some people think its more in the length of the trigger pull, but it almost seemed like my front sight is not even close to being where it should be. So any responses would be great! Thanks is advance!

#2 ·
Low left is a common problem. I would try shooting off a table rest at short distances first to see how it prints. If I remember correctly , I shot mine low left at first until I mastered the recoil , thin grip combo. If it isn't your fault and the sights are centered on the slide, call Ruger.

#3 ·
Thin subcompact guns offer challenges that larger heavier guns do not. Assuming you're shooting righty... With the chamber and magazine cleared, grip your LC9s as you normally (comfortably) would. Make sure you have your finger on the trigger as you normally would as well. You may find the trigger pressing against your finger joint. When you squeeze, the finger joint presses your trigger... and the gun... to the left, not straight back. The smaller, narrower guns need your finger pad centered on the trigger, and with that, you should be fine.

#4 ·
Little tiny guns amplify any small flaw in technique. Keep a hard grip with the weak hand to keep the barrel from moving down at the end of the trigger pull.

#5 ·
I had the same issue with both the LC9s and EC9s. My issue went away after some range time and focusing on my grip and finger location. I installed the Hogues Handall Beefertail Grip Sleeve for the LC9/EC9s and that helped me a great deal. Work with finger location at the range or dry fire to see what is pulling. My accuracy issues are gone and the guns shoot better than I do. I am surprised at how much I love these little 9mm's. For the price they are good for me and I have kept mine in rotation because they work for me.

Reactions: ETS
#6 ·
I found that with the smaller/thinner guns I would do the same. I added the Hogue grip sleeve and then paid real close attention to the finger placement on the trigger. I found that if I used the finger tip and centered the pad of the finger on the trigger that as I started to pull the trigger that the gun moved a little left. The initial movement of the finger tip pulling back had to start that movement by a slight push to the left. I found that as I put more finger on the trigger that the initial movement was a straight pull back and no left movement and of course have a firm/hard grip with the weak hand.

#8 ·
BOO5TED, thanks for the LaserMax tip. Being a older new semi auto shooter that really made a difference. Starting at a close range (3, 5-7yrds) and increasing distance by 2 to 5yrds helped out. My smaller LC9s and EC9s took some time for me to get good groupings and this was a big help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.