Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning my pistol, I noticed that the end of the guide rod had a slight bend to it (see below). Is this normal wear, or something about which I should contact Ruger?

Thanks!

20190616_154358.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can safely say it is not normal wear. Does it seem to be a bend in the rod, or more like the end possibly pulling loose? i.e. is there a point before the end cap that seems bent/worn, or just that the end cap is uneaven? either way, I would contact Ruger, but I would go to them with a more detailed description of the issue. My concern is that a fault might be working the end cap off, and that it could fly off during firing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Contact Ruger and get a replacement guide rod assembly. My EC9s Guide Rod Assembly part#32 (bent washer after 950 rounds) did the same and they replaced it at no charge. See post #2. Ruger customer service for me is very good. It only took 7 business days at that time. Call Ruger customer service and explain your issue.
Good luck and keep your powder dry!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Glad they took care of you. Good luck with your issue. After 950 rounds I had mine replaced by Ruger (great customer service) and now have just over 2,500 rounds with no issues so far I still love mine.

·
Registered
501 Posts
One of the very first features I replaced on the LC9 I bought to carry during warmer weather, was that black noodle plastic guide rod. My feeling: how can anything actually "guide" when its action is like a buggy whip. Nope, I lathe turned a steel guide rod for that pistol the very next day after that pistol arrived. And, so it was with a couple of SR 22 Ruger pistols and my Glock 23 CCW pistol:

Steel guide rods are now readily available to replace any plastic guide rods where an owner wants to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts