Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Here are a few pictures before and after.

before1.jpg after1.jpg

The after is with the RTK trigger. You can see how much of the pre-travel was eliminated.

Here is a picture of the hammer with a red line showing the area I cut back. This boss sets the stroke and release of the hammer.

lc9hammer.jpg

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Was the pull weight changed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No, it doesn't feel like it. I didn't address the pull because for my taste the pull wasn't the issue. I could have polished the surface I cut and lightened the trigger spring. I was more focused on trigger travel. Have you seen the M Carbo spring kit?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No, it doesn't feel like it. I didn't address the pull because for my taste the pull wasn't the issue. I could have polished the surface I cut and lightened the trigger spring. I was more focused on trigger travel. Have you seen the M Carbo spring kit?
My gun is the LC9s . I'm interested in increasing the trigger pull, too light for my liking. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't know anything about the LC9s. Did you buy the LC9s new so that you know the trigger spring is stock? If you know the trigger spring is stock and it is too light, I would say the easiest way to add weight to the trigger pull would be to acquire a heavier spring and try it out. If you bought the firearm from someone else, it is possible they installed a lighter spring kit. In that case go back to stock. I wish I could help more. Maybe someone else more familiar with the LC9s has better ideas.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Thanks, mine is stock. So simply replacing the trigger spring will do it. Ok , I guess it will have to be trial and error because I doubt there are any off the shelf springs for this gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the Ruger LC9. I have several handguns and just added a new LC9 to my line-up (Actually LC380 with the 9mm slide mod). I don't like the long travel of the trigger and have heard there are (or were) a few trigger upgrade products out there. The 2 that I researched are no longer available. I am particularly interested in the Solomon Short Stroke product but it seems to be obsolete.

Does anyone have a suggestion on something that is currently available?
I have just bought the lc9 for my wife and also not happy with same issues.have been looking for trigger mods to fix that but also looking for feed back.what I've found so far but not purchased was the solomon short stroke.but have held off because id like feed back from someone who has used it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Initially, I did buy and own a Ruger LC9 for quite some time as a CCW pistol. As much as I tried to turn that "sow's ear" into a silk purse, as far as trigger pull and better operation was concerned, I could not find the redeeming solution. So, it was placed in the "experienced" section of a display case. A customer bought it up in a heartbeat, as he liked the trigger pull just like it was. Can't argue with that!

Must be a very good reason, though, that Ruger went with a striker fired version (LC9s) rather than the double action hammer fired style. I know, I now have and like that version much, much better.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts