Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i have an lc9 made in the first 2 years of production. can the safety be disabled? it's like putting a safety on a double action revolver.
thanks, bob noffs

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't think disabling a safety is a good idea for many reasons. The legal ramifications would be horrific if ever used in SD.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
hi all,
i have an lc9 made in the first 2 years of production. can the safety be disabled? it's like putting a safety on a double action revolver.
thanks, bob noffs
We will not allow this to be discussed on the forum. Please read the forum rules.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks.

Skip - moderator

·
Registered
497 Posts
Too bad, not being able to post ANYTHING concerning a firearms modification concerning the safety. There are some modifications done that "IMPROVE" the safety's function. I'll bet some folks would like to know how to improve a weak or faulty safety. 🥺

·
Registered
122 Posts
Move the safety to the "fire" position and then use a drop of crazy glue to make sure it doesn't accidently move back to "safe"
You are correct though, that long double action trigger is all the safety it needs. I have often wondered why they put a safety on the LC9 but not the LCP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts