Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my P94DAOL 9mm is already a factory laser P series gun and the only factory laser Ruger made for the P series, there are plenty of other choices I am sure. LaserMax comes to mind. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Over the years, have gradually removed the lasers from all of my concealed carry weapons. Still have LaserMax guide rod laser on my Glock 26, which I don't carry.

Reactions: RICHGCOOP

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Care to share why you removed the lasers? Weight? Harder to carry? Improved sights?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Care to share why you removed the lasers? Weight? Harder to carry? Improved sights?
The answer is "yes" on the first two. With much practice, I feel confident in my accuracy from various positions within 30' just point shooting. I do have a combo light/laser on my bedside "bump in the night" weapon.
LaserLight1.png

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some of the other accessories to think of are the holsters that work best for the P series depending on the area of the body you may carry the gun. I also think emphatically that the correct maintenance of these older semis is imperative. There is a couple of the P guns I have that do not have paperwork with them so I have found that you tube is a great source for instruction for the take down of those guns.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I only have a laser on the P95, got it for a song and a dance ... will i ever buy another laser, probably not ...

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like the same one I have on my Security 9. Seems like when you get a laser it just doesn't meet all expectations. Hmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks like the same one I have on my Security 9. Seems like when you get a laser it just doesn't meet all expectations. Hmmmmmm.........
that's the truth my friend ... the purchase was over thought and it under performed ...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a lot of that comes from seeing the laser spot and trying our damndest to steady it at one finite point and then shoot and then of course the spot moves when the trigger pressure is applied and we get frustrated and also take longer than normal to squeeze off a round because of all the extra steps. The better sights seem to be the answer because let's face it, how many times have any of us ever shot the very first time ever with a laser involved? I would say close to zero. We learn with sights. Lasers are great for movie scenes but in real life it takes much more practice sometimes to pin that talent down.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think a lot of that comes from seeing the laser spot and trying our damndest to steady it at one finite point and then shoot and then of course the spot moves when the trigger pressure is applied and we get frustrated and also take longer than normal to squeeze off a round because of all the extra steps. The better sights seem to be the answer because let's face it, how many times have any of us ever shot the very first time ever with a laser involved? I would say close to zero. We learn with sights. Lasers are great for movie scenes but in real life it takes much more practice sometimes to pin that talent down.
that is so true ... learn to dance with who you brought to the dance, with that said most of us were taught with iron sights ...

Reactions: ETS

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
The only laser I have is on my Else. My 45mm and 10mm I don’t have a laser on them yet.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Tried the lasers on various pistols. Didn't care to much for them but kept them anyway. Might try them again some day. JMHO

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
true ... i use a nylon holster that is specific for my P95 with the laser on the rail ...
Yea, That is often what I see available for lots of lasers. Some Kydex stiff is out there too. Generally speaking it's hard to impossible to find dummy guns for some lasers. Dummy guns for Crimson Trace lasers are much more available. When a laser takes up all the room in front of the trigger guard (Like Veridian lasers) molding a leather holster to it is generally not going to work. A leather holster maker needs some space to mold around the laser to let the gun seat into the holster. I've never seen a dummy gun for a Veridian laser.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Yea, That is often what I see available for lots of lasers. Some Kydex stiff is out there too. Generally speaking it's hard to impossible to find dummy guns for some lasers. Dummy guns for Crimson Trace lasers are much more available. When a laser takes up all the room in front of the trigger guard (Like Veridian lasers) molding a leather holster to it is generally not going to work. A leather holster maker needs some space to mold around the laser to let the gun seat into the holster. I've never seen a dummy gun for a Veridian laser.
Thanks for the info....good to see you back lws380.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
For anyone interested I am about to post on the Classifieds WTS section with the Factory laser for the Security 9 and the LCP ll and a universal red dot LaserMax Spartan with the adjusting allen wrench included. If I can find the box for the LaserMax it goes too and I think I do have it. They will be for a great price, either separately or as a group. If after a week there is no interest I will post at GB.

I originally started this thread to gauge the laser interest here and see if this sale was viable. As I said, the pricing will be extremely fair. To mount the Sec 9 and LCP ll lasers you will not need the T7 Torx for the 2 small screws because the tool will come with each and is very easy to install. The pics will indicate also that all three lasers work flawlessly. They are all in like new condition.

As an added bonus, The LCP ll laser will come with a Sticky Holster, SM-3, and the required torx tool and adjustment allen wrench for the LCP ll and the Sec 9. Both Viridian Ruger factory lasers come with instruction manuals. The LaserMax manual is also included.

IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0220.JPG

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Always good to see you pop in Doug (lws380)! Been back pocket carry the LCP holster you made for me (and showing it off some) and spreading the Bear Creek Holster name around a bit. Holster fits like a glove!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Nice pic of Doug's work. Glad to see others who use his products....they are quality all the way!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Had a discussion with my FFL guy about lasers and he was slightly different than my thoughts ... mine is zeroed in at 21 feet he said 30 feet ...

What distances do you guys do?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts