Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is a little embarrassing for a first post. I need to make a small adjustment to my laser, which has been sighting a little bit low. I understand there's a small Allen wrench for that very thing, but I never got one when I picked up the LCP. I thought it would be as quick as a Google search, but so far, I've come up with several different sized wrenches to be used with elevation adjustment on the Lasermax. .035? .050? .075? I can't seem to pin it down and I definitely don't want to strip that tiny screw. If anyone happens to know which size I need, I'd love to know so I can head on over to the hardware store and get it done. Thanks. I've been following this forum for a few months now and always find it helpful and friendly.

·
Registered
664 Posts
.050!
LaserMax part number for adustment tool is: LMS-AT50
and
I just tried a .050 from my tool box and it works great. (I seemed to have misplaced my tool that came with the laser, but found the instructions.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful! Really appreciate that. I shall go forth and fetch a .050 this afternoon. Thanks for the help. Sounds like an easy adjustment once you have the tool in hand.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
.050!
LaserMax part number for adustment tool is: LMS-AT50
and
I just tried a .050 from my tool box and it works great. (I seemed to have misplaced my tool that came with the laser, but found the instructions.)
Dagnabbit, I have about six hex wrench sets in the basement and not one of them contains an .050. I'm hoping that's something I can pick up at a hardware store. Thanks again for the info. At least I know what I'm searching for so I don't have to describe it to the clerk as "really, really small and stuff."

·
Registered
135 Posts
.050 is not too hard to find. I got a set a lowes with it. Now the bodyguard with its .035 is really hard to find and had to order it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful! Really appreciate that. I shall go forth and fetch a .050 this afternoon. Thanks for the help. Sounds like an easy adjustment once you have the tool in hand.
What does a 050 convert to in 1.5, 2 or 1/16, 5/64
.050 is not too hard to find. I got a set a lowes with it. Now the bodyguard with its .035 is really hard to find and had to order it.
What a 050 all I'm finding are 1.5, 2 and 1/15, 5/64

·
Registered
65 Posts
What does a 050 convert to in 1.5, 2 or 1/16, 5/64

What a 050 all I'm finding are 1.5, 2 and 1/15, 5/64
.050 inch.

3/64 inch would be slightly undersized (.047 inch).

1.25mm would be close (.049 inch).

With hex / Allen head / six sided nuts and bolts, it is sometimes a bad idea to substitute metric for SAE or SAR for metric, because they may not fit tight and there is a very high risk of rounding out the fastener.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts