Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1st generation KT P3AT with three magazines that is a jamomatic. Am going to send it in to KT to have them resolve the FTF & FTE issues, but was just wondering about the magazines. Side by side with my Ruger LCP mag, they both look identical (except for the stampings of course). Will those KT mags work in the ElsiePea?

Anybody have experience or thoughts about this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I read somewhere that the KT mags will work in a LCP but not visa-versa

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
This is an old thread but someone PM'd me today asking...

The magazines are about the same but the Ruger LCP I was told can use either magazine, while the Keltec P3AT can only use it's magazine...the again I have heard from dual owners that neither is interchangeable. I am going to try them out in my P3AT and LCP. Hold that thought.

The answer is no to both. The P3AT mag will not lock in my LCP and the LCP mag will not lock in my P3AT. The test was done with loaded mags, NAA finger extension on the P3AT mag, OEM version 2 (the latest, smaller profile) finger extension on the LCP for what it's worth. My LCP has the OEM metal mag catch, the P3AT (second gen) an after-market metal mag catch (all things being equal, both preferable over a plastic mag catch, the plastic still being used in the P3AT the last I heard - less wear and tear with a metal catch over time). 'Just wanted to let you know what my test media consisted of, probably more info than necessary. :)

Don't try to save a few bucks by mixing and matching mags even in the off chance you can get them to work. Life is too short and the wrong mag could make it shorter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.