Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Knife in your pocket now.

40K views 187 replies 37 participants last post by  SGW Gunsmith 
#1 ·
Thought it would be interesting to see what knife you are carrying today, tomorrow or the next day. Mine changes up occasionally. Today it's a Kershaw Free fall ( stone washed blade) and a Victorinox Classic. The Classic has a gray slide button that releases a ink pen. Opted for that instead of the tweezers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I EDC a William Henry B7-FT. I carry it in the coin compartment of my wallet. It's a button lock modified Wharncliffe folder with a 3.0" blade made of ATS-34 and Titanium scales. At 1.7 ounces it's practically weightless. It's one of the sharpest knives out of the box I've ever owned.

Knife Blade Cutting tool Dagger Throwing knife

I've got lots of other folders and I used to rotate among them for my primary carry in one of my front pockets. But I've stopped doing that since I've been carrying my LCP. I just don't have room for them anymore.

#4 ·
I EDC a William Henry B7-FT. I carry it in the coin compartment of my wallet. It's a button lock modified Wharncliffe folder with a 3.0" blade made of ATS-34 and Titanium scales. At 1.7 ounces it's practically weightless. It's one of the sharpest knives out of the box I've ever owned.

View attachment 8914

I've got lots of other folders and I used to rotate among them for my primary carry in one of my front pockets. But I've stopped doing that since I've been carrying my LCP. I just don't have room for them anymore.
William Henry's are really nice knives. Top of the line. Don't have one in my collection yet but they are definitely on my bucket list.

#18 ·
When and if I do get [a William Henry] I doubt I'll be carrying it much, just to expensive!
Life's too short not to carry a nice knife, mukwah. And you can't take it with you. So you might as well carry the best knife you own.

If you decide to go shopping for a high-end folder, don't forget the Chris Reeve Sebenza. I've got a couple of those as well and their reputation is well-deserved. If you don't want to spend as much as a Chris Reeve or a William Henry costs, my choice for the best bang-for-the-buck Titanium folder on Planet Earth is the Spyderco Sage 2:

Knife Blade Hunting knife Utility knife Cutting tool

The Sage 2 will give you 90% of the quality of a Sebenza for less than half the cost. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

#7 ·
Knife in my pocket? not now, I'm wearing just my boxers.
I've lost an expensive knife before so now my daily folder is a Ka-Bar 2816 folder. Made in China. I use the heck out of this knife at work! It has been sharpened many times and it has a serrated section that is used every day. Every time it is sharpened it is also lubed and tightened up. I can deploy this weapon without thought so my expensive knives stay on the shelve. Den

#9 ·
I still carry my old brown Boy Scout pocket knife.

#12 ·
I got my Boy Scout knife new from my dad back in the 70's. When I get back home I will post a pic of it.

#17 ·
I think some of you are catching the jest of this thread. I like seeing what people carry everyday for like work and everyday use. I have collected knives for over 30 years and sure, I could carry a Benchmark, Spyderco or a fancy Case etc, but I don't. I collect those. I carry mainly Kershaw's because of price and quality, but I like seeing Buck's, Boker, Schrader's etc. Show em if you got em!

#19 ·
Sabenza's are fine knives, I own two, and several Spyde's. Can't take em with me but I can play with them now and then leave them for my grandson's enjoyment.

#20 ·
Ah, so I'm preaching to the choir when I talk to you about Sebenza's, eh? Well then you know a fine knife when you see one. :thumbsup: The only folders I own that are better than the Sebenzas and the William Henrys are customs . . . and they're not THAT much better.

#21 ·
If you haven't already you should check out the Blade Forum. Lots of good info on those and many customs. Lot of good knives for sale to!

#23 ·
If you haven't already you should check out the Blade Forum. Lots of good info on those and many customs. Lot of good knives for sale to!
Thanks. I used to post a lot on BF before I came here. I think I had over 7,000 posts there before I became inactive. They're still the largest knife forum on the Internet if I'm not mistaken.

#24 ·
Great forum with a pretty elite group of knife enthusiasts, and some of them don't mind telling you so. Still some great knife info there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.