Ruger Pistol Forums banner

41 - 60 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
When I use to carry a small pocket knife , the screwdriver use to be the most used part , saving me many steps .

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
For me it's the scissors in my Leatherman Micra. That little multitool with its large, usable scissors in place of a pliers is one of the best inventions in the history of man as far as I'm concerned. It's amazing how often a pair of scissors is a better tool than a knife blade. I never leave home without it.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
+1 for Kershaw's! Bet it was sharp right out of the box! Kershaw's usually are.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Kershaw's big brother . . . ZTs . . . are terrific too. It took ZT a long time to create a lightweight knife. But when the 0770CF came out I just had to have one. It's only drawback (if you want to call it a drawback) is that it's a SpeedSafe knife. But honestly, I don't find the AO to be distracting at all in the 0770CF. (Don't tell anyone, but I actually like AO knives if the AO isn't overdone.) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I really like the SpeedSafe AO knives. Most of the time when I find myself needing my knife for something I usually have something else in my other hand. ( Rope, a box etc.) Most are cheesey and cheap but the quality level of Kershaw an up are effective and high quality.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
As an owner of three Leeks, I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't like Kershaw AO knives. They definitely have their place.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Oooh, a baby Ulu. Sweet looking blade! Do you do much leather work?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
He makes some of the finest holsters in the south! Here's one of his with my Springfield XDs

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah, I'd say that covers it, all right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
He makes some of the finest holsters in the south! Here's one of his with my Springfield XDs

Where can I see them ?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
PM lws380.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Not sure if he's still building quality holsters. Maybe he'll PM you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Oooh, a baby Ulu. Sweet looking blade! Do you do much leather work?
I think the Ulu is more for cutting meat and food. The knife in my picture is referred to as a round knife. Many shapes and sizes, used for cutting leather. A very good/essential tool for leather work. Generally needs to stay sharpened a lot as leather is a little tough on the blades.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think the Ulu is more for cutting meat and food. The knife in my picture is referred to as a round knife. Many shapes and sizes, used for cutting leather. A very good/essential tool for leather work. Generally needs to stay sharpened a lot as leather is a little tough on the blades.
If the work mukwah posted is yours, sir, you are a master craftsman!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
41 - 60 of 186 Posts