Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be interesting to see what knife you are carrying today, tomorrow or the next day. Mine changes up occasionally. Today it's a Kershaw Free fall ( stone washed blade) and a Victorinox Classic. The Classic has a gray slide button that releases a ink pen. Opted for that instead of the tweezers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I EDC a William Henry B7-FT. I carry it in the coin compartment of my wallet. It's a button lock modified Wharncliffe folder with a 3.0" blade made of ATS-34 and Titanium scales. At 1.7 ounces it's practically weightless. It's one of the sharpest knives out of the box I've ever owned.

05.jpg

I've got lots of other folders and I used to rotate among them for my primary carry in one of my front pockets. But I've stopped doing that since I've been carrying my LCP. I just don't have room for them anymore.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I EDC a William Henry B7-FT. I carry it in the coin compartment of my wallet. It's a button lock modified Wharncliffe folder with a 3.0" blade made of ATS-34 and Titanium scales. At 1.7 ounces it's practically weightless. It's one of the sharpest knives out of the box I've ever owned.

View attachment 8914

I've got lots of other folders and I used to rotate among them for my primary carry in one of my front pockets. But I've stopped doing that since I've been carrying my LCP. I just don't have room for them anymore.
William Henry's are really nice knives. Top of the line. Don't have one in my collection yet but they are definitely on my bucket list.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When and if I do get one I doubt I'll be carrying it much, just to expensive!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just a Wenger Swiss Army knife these days. Blade, flat screwdriver/bottle opener, fingernail file, and can opener. Used to also carry a Boker Top Lock converted to automatic operation.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Knife in my pocket? not now, I'm wearing just my boxers.
I've lost an expensive knife before so now my daily folder is a Ka-Bar 2816 folder. Made in China. I use the heck out of this knife at work! It has been sharpened many times and it has a serrated section that is used every day. Every time it is sharpened it is also lubed and tightened up. I can deploy this weapon without thought so my expensive knives stay on the shelve. Den

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
I still carry my old brown Boy Scout pocket knife.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about a pic of that one ttd. How old is it?

·
Registered
215 Posts
IMG_2447.JPG

Microtech OTF

·
Super Moderator
4,601 Posts
I got my Boy Scout knife new from my dad back in the 70's. When I get back home I will post a pic of it.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ttd. LOVE those older knives.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't have a picture right now but I usually carry a Gerber razor blade thingie, u can switch out the razor blades when they get dull. It's super thin too. Sometimes I carry an assisted open straight razor

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about some pics you guys, kinda like eye candy.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think some of you are catching the jest of this thread. I like seeing what people carry everyday for like work and everyday use. I have collected knives for over 30 years and sure, I could carry a Benchmark, Spyderco or a fancy Case etc, but I don't. I collect those. I carry mainly Kershaw's because of price and quality, but I like seeing Buck's, Boker, Schrader's etc. Show em if you got em!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
When and if I do get [a William Henry] I doubt I'll be carrying it much, just to expensive!
Life's too short not to carry a nice knife, mukwah. And you can't take it with you. So you might as well carry the best knife you own.

If you decide to go shopping for a high-end folder, don't forget the Chris Reeve Sebenza. I've got a couple of those as well and their reputation is well-deserved. If you don't want to spend as much as a Chris Reeve or a William Henry costs, my choice for the best bang-for-the-buck Titanium folder on Planet Earth is the Spyderco Sage 2:

Spyderco Sage 2.jpg

The Sage 2 will give you 90% of the quality of a Sebenza for less than half the cost. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sabenza's are fine knives, I own two, and several Spyde's. Can't take em with me but I can play with them now and then leave them for my grandson's enjoyment.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ah, so I'm preaching to the choir when I talk to you about Sebenza's, eh? Well then you know a fine knife when you see one. :thumbsup: The only folders I own that are better than the Sebenzas and the William Henrys are customs . . . and they're not THAT much better.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts