Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
got my lc9 yesterday now i have to get a holster. i have been doing an informal ''poll'' of holsters mentioned for the lc9 and crossbreed supertuck comes up the most. my questions are..........do i need a supertuck or is the minituck enough holster?and...........is there really any benefit to horsehide?
i am 5'6'' and 155 lbs.
thanks in advance,
bob noffs

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm 5'8" , 170lbs so pretty close to your size. I've been using a Galco Stow'n Go for about a year and a half and find it perfect for me. I can slide it to cross draw when driving and change positions quickly. Also easy to remove when needed.JMHO

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the CB mini-tuck for my LC9 and its PERFECT for the size of the gun and very comfortable! I chose black leather. I often wear a black T-shirt tucked in behind my holster & gun with another shirt over it. The black T, belt, holster and gun all blend together so if my shirt should get pulled up, my weapon is not obvious.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
+1 on Cross Breed Mini Tuck. It is small and very comfortable... perfect for my LC9 needs. Super Tuck for my SR9c, but I use that combo much less. The SR9c is just too heavy. No issues with the ST though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
+1 on the N82 Tactical. They have the professional polycarbonate tuckable model for the LC9 now. And their customer service is great.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I use the Aholster IWB for my LCP and LC9 and absolutely love them. I have many other holsters from trying them out from time to time, but have now settled on these. A little pricey but should last for a long time. Adds almost no bulk, waterproof and tough.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I use the Aholster IWB for my LCP and LC9 and absolutely love them. I have many other holsters from trying them out from time to time, but have now settled on these. A little pricey but should last for a long time. Adds almost no bulk, waterproof and tough.
+1 I been using the Pwii from Aholster for over a year now. My favorite for the LCP.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone use the holster from American Holster Company? I'd like to have a leather holster and from what I gleen from their web site it would suit my needs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone use the holster from American Holster Company? I'd like to have a leather holster and from what I gleen from their web site it would suit my needs.
Yeah. I have one of Jay's "Invisi-Tuck" holsters for my LC9. Love it. If you're in the market for an all leather holster you won't go wrong with Jay's holsters. He does nice work and he stands behind his product.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hi all,
got my lc9 yesterday now i have to get a holster. i have been doing an informal ''poll'' of holsters mentioned for the lc9 and crossbreed supertuck comes up the most. my questions are..........do i need a supertuck or is the minituck enough holster?and...........is there really any benefit to horsehide?
i am 5'6'' and 155 lbs.
thanks in advance,
bob noffs
I carry my SR9C in the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. But for the LC9 you may [probably wouud] be just as well off and just as happy with the Minituck. The LC9 is lighter, especially when comparing fully loaded weights, and that makes a huge difference in comfort and stability requirements for all day carry purposes. If you were talking SR9C I'd say go SuperTuck Deluxe ... you'd never be sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a new Desantis pocket tuk that I bought for my Bulgarian Makarov, but I discovered that it fits my LC9 even better. The only problem is, My LC9 has the Laserlyte mounted on the side, and the laser was being turned on whenever the pistol was inserted. So, I decided to wet-mould the holster to my LC9. Thats where it sits right now, drying for about another 12 hours or so.

It didnt take long for the batteries in the Laserlyte to go dead. Good thing batteries are uber cheap - I got a bulk pack of 200 for $5.15 shipped to my door.

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
A few minutes ago, I ordered two Remora number 4 RFT. One for the laser and one without. I'm looking forward to these holsters.

I chose Remora because it is versatile enough to wear strong side IWB, cross draw, and in my cargo shorts.

What great customer service!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.