Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local gun show this past weekend and saw a few 371 series LCPs for $350. Afterwards I stopped at a Sportsmans Warehouse and overheard the salesman telling a patron that Ruger had just raised the MSRP on the LCP. I found this on Ruger website this morning... Suggested Retail Price: $ 347.00 I guess someone has to pay for the recall and the ever increasing popularity of the LCP. So all of us out here that got ours for those great prices of $269 or so should certainly rejoice.....

Sleeping better again in Seattle,
Sandra

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes, I am glad I got mine at $269, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go even higher. They are selling on private party classifieds all day long for $400 in Utah

·
Registered
119 Posts
SandraKaye said:
I was at a local gun show this past weekend and saw a few 371 series LCPs for $350. Afterwards I stopped at a Sportsmans Warehouse and overheard the salesman telling a patron that Ruger had just raised the MSRP on the LCP. I found this on Ruger website this morning... Suggested Retail Price: $ 347.00 I guess someone has to pay for the recall and the ever increasing popularity of the LCP. So all of us out here that got ours for those great prices of $269 or so should certainly rejoice.....

Sleeping better again in Seattle,
Sandra
Still trying to figure out where you stash your extra mags if you don't have pockets

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm sure that they will still be giving pretty good discounts off MSRP in time -once the flow is back to complete normality.

Still - I do feel really good right now about my $269 price.

They still had close around 75 people on the waiting list even after my name came up.

I remember when I got it that the guy doing my paperwork yelled to his boss something like, "We still going to let these go for $269?" "Yeh, I guess so!", was the reply.

I felt like saying something like, "You'd darn well better! That's the only reason I waited this long on your list." But I didn't - just seemed better to keep quiet, pay up and get out of there.

I am kind of wondering if they will keep honoring it at $269 until the list goes away. I would hope so. But I'm sure there is a healthy price incerease coming right after that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just called the Gun shop they have 50 people on there list and don't expect anybody who gets on the list today to get one until Summer they are selling them for $289.99

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
makes you wonder how many times those people are on other gun dealers same "to buy" lists.. I know when years ago I wanted a particular gun that I called every dealer around me and if they would put my name on the list,then I would let them do it but as soon as I got that first gun in my hands, I never had the courtesy to call them back to take my name of the list, nor do I recall any of those dealers every calling 2 or 4 or 6 months down the road either.

Some of that "waiting" list stuff is pure dealer hype to. I was a gun dealer for 40 years and I am certain I hyped the demand for some guns also..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
snubbie don't pass up a buy to save $20 bucks our you may be without your gun longer than you want.If you find one and it is within your price range, and only you know that, then indeed buy it and put it behind you. as a dealer of over 40 years, I could not guarantee anyone a price 2 months from now and would not want to be held to a certain price either. \
If you feel being goughed by a dealer, just walk out. With this gun buying freenzy that is going on, I would be very suprised to see any lcp's sitting around dealer showcases very long at $269 price or $300 price.

, actually have not seen any period... but I have also had the satisfaction of owning it and shooting it for over a year, so if I ended up down the road paying 20 to 40 bucks more than I might find one a month from now, so be it..

Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Jocko -

I bought it as soon as it came it at $269.

I had paid $50 up front to go on the "for sure" list.

By the way - I was also on other lists in the area (no money required) and I did talk to them all and told them that I'd made my purchase and to please take me off their list. Seemed like the right thing to do.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
sonic_cruzer said:
I wonder what will happen when Taurus comes out with their TCP. Gotta love that competition factor.
If it's good, it will definitely sell, It sure looks OK to me. I like to titanium option, liter is good ;D ;D and they are going to offer an extended 8 rund magazne also, which is also good. Sure makes a nice range magazine, gives one alittle ore grip to hold on to and makes a super carry extra magazine. a 9 round 380 is nothing to sneeze at..
Humm wonder if their magazine catch will be polymer or steel??????

·
Registered
696 Posts
ragu1macrider said:
Still trying to figure out where you stash your extra mags if you don't have pockets
??? ??? Where did this come from and where is it going? Better yet maybe better to explain in a PM.

·
Registered
191 Posts
after all the transactions directly related to my lcp, i probably paid around $215 for mine in the end. i so want to sell it but there's no other tiny 380 on the market like it, so it's a keeper for now. if the lcp prices go up a little bit higher and the kahr p380 turns out better than it looks on paper and the economy continues to tank (where you can't have more than one pocket pistol), the lcp is gone. but that's a lot of ifs. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.