Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The complete DVD video (a bit dated but still interesting) can be be purchased online and provides far more detail and instruction (what you see here are excerpts only). This style of shooting has certainly worked for them (carry with no round in the chamber) and their routine is lightning fast. They don't even bother with a holster. Still, they tend to fire at further distances where the extra split second required to chamber a round is not critical. Also their focus is terrorist related vs. criminal and therefore legal constraints do not weight as heavily as they do in the US.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They may have mastered it, but I bet I can still get my chambered round off faster w/o near as much training. ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Not advocating it 96, different environment over there - only that they have been very successful over the years using that technique. As just one example, when they went after those responsible for the Munich Oympics murders, and the handgun was the weapon of choice (typically a Beretta .22), to the best of my knowledge, that was the method utilized. Of course they also had the element of surprise.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Thanks snobird, good stuff there.
I guess my question to the Isralie method is WHY??? Most attacks they state are under 3 meters. I would think a cocked and locked or a DAO semi would out due their method 2 to 1, with both being experience with their own methond, my bet would be on the DAO/cocked and locked with Isralie 3rd. Just my opinion

I guess you can train anyway possable and master even a bad habit.

I have yet been unable to pee and zip my pants in the same time while racking my kahr but I can do the first part and just pull and shoot my kahr one handed. Point/match/ game

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
jocko said:
I guess my question to the Isralie method is WHY???
I read somewhere, although I cannot find it now, the the reason why is tradition. When the Israeli armed forces were formed, most of the weapons were not of the highest quality. Not carrying chambered was a necessity. They developed techniques to overcome this deficiency. Changing policy in any bureaucracy, especially the military, is an incredible and time consuming and some times career consuming effort.

I don't know for certain if this is true or just urban myth, but I'll try to find my reference as time permits.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you read the thread Snobird posted, they said it is being phased out b/c they are now carrying "quality" firearms.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So much then for the Desert Eagle Darren because that's what it looked like the host in the video was carrying. Their motivation for carrrying with an empty chamber has always safety, at least that was the official word.

Times change, guns change, needs change, threats change, but while they were using that method of carry, they were certainly effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts