Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting alerts from Target Sports more often. Just got 3 since Saturday. The price is still too high, .60/ rnd. for 9mm 115 gr, but it seems to be available more often.
Are the rest of you seeing more? From where?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been watching AmmoSeek for 9mm 115gr by Winchester and sometimes Remington and Federal.
Seems like it peaked around 76 cents per round in April and has finally started moving down.
Seeing 55-60 cents per round for round nose (hard to pick out the flat nose sometimes).
The recognizable retailer names seem to be lagging behind. Newer sellers are pushing the prices down. Some look iffy, some look OK. There is some bulk bag-in-box-loose-rounds stuff that is supposed to be Remington, at 49 cents per round. I am not yet brave enough to jump on that one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
On the CCI Web site .22 LR Velocitor is available now with a 10 box limit 500 rounds for $99.00

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've noticed more ammo being available at local big box stores in western Washington State in the last two months:

Bought 3 boxes of 9mm FMJ - $40 for a box of 100 , on separate visits to Bass Pro. 40 cents per round.

Bought 2 boxes of Blazer 22 LR at Sportco - $40 for a box of 500, on separate visits. 8 cents per round.

Bought 2 boxes of Blazer 22 LR at Sportsmans Warehouse - $40 for a box of 500, on separate visits. 8 cents/round.

·
Premium Member
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
62 Posts
Ammo is in fact becoming more available. I don't think we'll see prices come back to pre-pandemic level so long as an anti-2nd regime is in power, but raw materials are increasingly available and international shipping is becoming less restricted. Better days ahead, I cautiously hope!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The high prices might be about to break.
This morning, BassPro came up on the AmmoSeek search for 9mm Winchester 115gr. 35 cents a round in 200 count boxes, and 38 cents a round in 100 count boxes. Limit 5. I put five 200 count boxes in the cart,free shipping, no fees. sales tax, but I get to the last step and it says "out of stock". I put five 100 count boxes in the cart, free shipping, a $20 "adjustments" fee, and sales tax, and it let me make the purchase. Worked out to 45 cents per round after the fee and shipping.
Everyone else is 52 cents a round or higher.
What the heck is a BassPro "adjustments" fee?
I have not managed to wander into a retailer that has stock or good prices, so this is a big deal for me.
If the big box type stores can get enough stock in to keep availability more than a couple hours every other week, they will drive the market price down, and the mail order retailers will have to come down below the big box stores to compete.

Now, the question is how much of a stockpile needs to be maintained to allow for some range time to practice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I mostly shop online. My usual source seems to have greater availability than a few months ago, but prices are still well above what they’ve been over the past few years. Many of us were pinched by a similar price/supply situation a decade ago and bought a little extra when things got better. I’m currently on the purchasing sideline. I hope as supply chains normalize and the many new gun owners of the past year get their ammo that prices will drop. I’ll get back in the game then.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went to my LGS a few days ago to browse around. It's a pretty large outfit for an independent. They had everything you could want except .380, that was all I saw they didn't have.

Lots of 10mm, 9mm, .45, 5.56. Brass and lots of Barnhaul steel case if you wanted to save a few cents. Plenty of CCI Mini Mags and MaxiMags. You could buy all you could afford. It was very expensive still.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Various caliber ammunition is becoming available in various locations, but not yet as it once was a few years ago. It does help now that CCI and Federal are shipping direct to customers as soon as a few calibers are produced and ready for sale, but, as for the area I'm in, there are many rimfire and centerfire handgun rounds that are still unobtainium.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I sent ProBass Shop a message asking for an explanation of the $20 "Adjustment" fee. (No fee on the five boxes of 200 ct. that was sold out by the time I tried to enter my payment information, but tacked onto the five boxes of 100 ct. that remained available).

They apologized, said the fee should not have been applied, and immediately issued a refund.
Worked out to 41 cents a round with the sales tax.

Gotta get to the range. Probably need to draw the side of a barn on a piece of paper for a target.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Was in my local Academy the other day and only thing to be had was 12g/20g/410g. Not a pistol or rifle round to be found. Maybe its just that store but still slim pickins.

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
549 Posts
Went to another gun show this past Saturday. The "scalpers" are still at it with sky high prices on all ammunition & primers. Except this day, it seemed that they were taking much more of their inventory back home or to their stores than previously. To me, that just might be a good sign that folks have what they need, or can get a better deal elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts