Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has ordered the LC380. Can we swap the slide assembly and magazines with my LC9?
Ruger sells an LC9 slide assembly & magazine for the LC380, for over $300. Is it the same as my stock parts?

· Registered
88 Posts
This video appears to cover the entire subject very thoroughly:

The price of a complete "parts kit" (disassembled and decommissioned, used firearm without the frame) might be less than the price of the conversion kit from Ruger. These are available on GunBroker and possibly Ebay. You are really only interested in the slide, barrel, and recoil rod with spring. It will not include a magazine which would be $30-40 more dollars. You will need to make certain that it is the hammer fired version, the LC9, without an "s" (the later striker fired version).

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your quick response and information.
My question, although, is still unanswered.
Is there any difference in Ruger's conversion kit (measurements or parts) that are different than my stock LC9 slide assembly and magazine? Can we safely swap those parts back and forth between her LC380 and my LC9?

· Registered
88 Posts
Thank you for your quick response and information.
My question, although, is still unanswered.
Is there any difference in Ruger's conversion kit (measurements or parts) that are different than my stock LC9 slide assembly and magazine? Can we safely swap those parts back and forth between her LC380 and my LC9?
Sorry, my mind squished two sentences together and missed the "my lc9" in the middle.

Based on the explanation from the review of the kit, the grip frame, insert, and internals below the rails are the same, and you are able to switch the slide-barrel-recoil-rod-and-magazine, as a unit, back and forth between the two frames.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, my mind squished two sentences together and missed the "my lc9" in the middle.

Based on the explanation from the review of the kit, the grip frame, insert, and internals below the rails are the same, and you are able to switch the slide-barrel-recoil-rod-and-magazine, as a unit, back and forth between the two frames.

Thanks again. My thoughts are the same as yours. I was hoping that someone on this forum has actually done this swap in person, because in the back of my mind, I have a slight suspicion that Ruger might have made a minor mechanical difference to prevent people from doing this. The online information on the LC380 we ordered, states that it has a short, light trigger pull (unlike my LC9). I am hoping that it doesn't affect my swapping upper parts .... and only that they improved the trigger on the 380 due to public demand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts