Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I want to participate in Steel Challenge with my Mark 2 slab side target competition 22 pistol. Sometimes its hard to get the magazines out during a stage----is there any after market modification I can do to the mag?
thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi
I want to participate in Steel Challenge with my Mark 2 slab side target competition 22 pistol. Sometimes its hard to get the magazines out during a stage----is there any after market modification I can do to the mag?
thanks
to the forum.
I know what you mean, I had the very same issue. Not exactly an aftermarket modification, but the heel type magazine release/latch on my "speed-steel" pistol, was slow as well. What I did was drill and tap a hole for a threaded pin into the heel release. With that addition it's a simple matter to use my "pinkie finger" to reach down and pull back that pin so the empty magazine drops right out:

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
M9 custom, Ruger MK II work in progress, Rem. 700 in 7.62, winchester 290, remington 870
14 Posts
There is also extended magazine releases sold for the MK II ive seen short stubby ones all the way to lengths similar to the one shown here. i recently purchased one for around 24 bucks plus S&H. i do want a factory one though as the only reason im replacing it is the one i have got rusted badly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts