Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here but new to guns. Have had a Ruger Security Six 6" for years then went to striker fired for EDC.Just saw the LCRx for the first time today and the LGS said it just came in and they sell like hotcakes on a cold day. So I plunked down the plastic and walked out with a LCRx and a few holsters. Can not believe how good the trigger is on this little gem. Got the 357 to carry on hikes in the North Florida Woods.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Welcome from northwest Louisiana! Great choice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Celebration Florida.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, I'm typically not a revolver guy but I do keep a Charter .38spc in my nightstand. I reeealy like the LCR9 #5456 and might pick one up when things settle back to normal (if they ever do.)

Reactions: Black Rifle Reviews

·
Registered
28 Posts
New member here but new to guns. Have had a Ruger Security Six 6" for years then went to striker fired for EDC.Just saw the LCRx for the first time today and the LGS said it just came in and they sell like hotcakes on a cold day. So I plunked down the plastic and walked out with a LCRx and a few holsters. Can not believe how good the trigger is on this little gem. Got the 357 to carry on hikes in the North Florida Woods.
Good luck finding .357 Magnum ammo that' s not $45.00 a box I have a 357 Magnum Rifle and I shoot the 180 grain Cast Lead or Jacked Soft or hollow points . I cant find for less than $45.00 for 20 rounds . Primers are hard to come by to reload my own also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I'm typically not a revolver guy but I do keep a Charter .38spc in my nightstand. I reeealy like the LCR9 #5456 and might pick one up when things settle back to normal (if they ever do.)
Things will never be normal again War is looming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck finding .357 Magnum ammo that' s not $45.00 a box I have a 357 Magnum Rifle and I shoot the 180 grain Cast Lead or Jacked Soft or hollow points . I cant find for less than $45.00 for 20 rounds . Primers are hard to come by to reload my own also.
Luckily I reload and have stayed with 3 calibers. .357 .45 and .22. I've spent good money on some trigger jobs that are not up to the smoothness of the little LCRx. I also have a 357 long gun a Ruger 77/357 with a nice scope. I think the ammo situation will get better in a year when the vaccine get going. I just was given a huge load of guns and ammo from a friends wife. He died of Covid. It's not the flu. Crappy way to get guns and ammo.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'll carry this one every now and then. It rides along in a Kirkpatrick wet-molded, leather holster, and will never see the inside of anything Kydex, or plastic:

One shot will really "light up the night".

Reactions: ifithitu

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'll carry this one every now and then. It rides along in a Kirkpatrick wet-molded, leather holster, and will never see the inside of anything Kydex, or plastic:

One shot will really "light up the night".
Nice looking snub revolver.(y)(y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice looking snub revolver.(y)(y)
Re: Snub Revolver I carried an issue 2 1/2 S&W Mdl 19 & Mdl 66 K frame revolver for plain cloths but opted to carry my Duty weapon Mdl 66 4" in a pancake holster in the early 80s, The muzzle blast was horrendous in the 2 1/2 if you didn't hit your intended target the flame would set them on fire LOL LOL the 2 1/2 was hard to control with the Federal 357 magnum 125 grain JHP issue ammo .I found the 4" tamed the Horrendous muzzle Blast reduced the recoil and Improved my shooting score at the Range. I had a nice S&W Mdl 66 with 8 3/8 " barrel with a 4x scope I used for Deer Hunting and that was a joy to shoot virtually reduced recoil with the hot 180 grain Keith cast copper gas checked bullets that revolver was a tack driver ,I also had its bigger brother the 629 44 mag set up the same way . I wish I had not traded them off when money was tight .Anyway carry what you like be proficient and fast with it hope & pray you never have to use it but be prepared to do so with out hesitation for a split second hesitation can cost you your life. I will stick with the Semiauto for my EDC carry & the Backup Micro semiauto .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Luckily I reload and have stayed with 3 calibers. .357 .45 and .22. I've spent good money on some trigger jobs that are not up to the smoothness of the little LCRx. I also have a 357 long gun a Ruger 77/357 with a nice scope. I think the ammo situation will get better in a year when the vaccine get going. I just was given a huge load of guns and ammo from a friends wife. He died of Covid. It's not the flu. Crappy way to get guns and ammo.
I pray it so I had my first Covid 19 shot got to go back and get the 2nd shot in two weeks , Sorry about you're Friend I've had several Veteran friends to contract Covid but none of them required hospitalization they are all over it they told me that they were treated with Hydroxychloroquine , Remdesivir , Zithromax, Azithromycin Vitamins , D , ZINK , C .some of them were very ill with high fever and some of them said it was like a bad cold. Some were treated with Hydroxychloroquine and some were not some were treated with Remdesivir , some with Zithromax , some with Azithromycin they said with in a week they were better and in two weeks returned to normal .But even so they were in line at the VA to get their covid shots also .Get the shot it will keep you safe from Covid same with the flu shot , Pneumonia shot ,Shingles shot they are made to keep everyone safe but there is always that JERK who wont get vaccinated wont wear a mask and spread the Flu or Covid to others knowing they are sick but continue to go places spreading the Flu , Covid and other germs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts