Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The McCloskey's pleaded not guilty on Oct. 14 and are back in court Oct. 28. Just sayin. Denny

·
Registered
177 Posts
I respect everyone's opinion and can see where everyone is coming from. When I revert back to my training, we learned when to and when not to draw our weapons depending the scenario. In my view the McCloskey's should have just had their Pistol holstered in plain view and carbine slung over a shoulder and tell the protestors just to move on! Move on! and if the scenario changes then change with it. Pick your fights wisely when you have the choice. The McCloskey's drew attention to themselves for what reason? To practice their 2nd amendment rights or to practice their fear? The protestors were walking to another destination and couldn't care less about the McCloskey's ....
Holstering and sling carry probably would have been the best course of action in retrospect. It still presents a circumstance of making the protesters aware that they will defend themselves with firearms if necessary yet keeps the weapon in a "non-brandishing" position. And the protesters did continue walking without physically attacking the McCloskey's or their property but there was verbal interaction.

But again, given the protesters verifiably demonstrated past history of escalating to property damage (they had already broken through the gate) and physical bodily attacks who's to say that had the McCloskey's NOT been there the situation wouldn't have escalated to that point? It quite possibly could have but the McCloskey's insured that it wouldn't. And THAT is the whole point.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The McCloskey's pleaded not guilty on Oct. 14 and are back in court Oct. 28. Just sayin. Denny
... as it should be. Let the Prosecutor present his case and let the Defendants present theirs. Heck, this could very well end up at the SCOTUS.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts