Ruger Pistol Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah it's marked P32. Are they that much alike? I guess the major difference between them is that the Ruger actually works.

"going by the #50 picture, I think you're talking about the pin #270, the pivoting piece #272 and the spring #273"

You've got it, Gog! That was the problem,

Why did you pop out the little middle pin on your LCP? My sad story is above. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

!
I was trying to do something about the disgraceful trigger on the LCP and was working my way thru the gun, plotting out how the parts interacted and ways to improve the trigger. I won't describe what I did to cure it - I made it much better but when I started to put it in my back pocket I felt "something" move and belatedly realized it was the trigger and stopped. If I'd pushed just a bit harder I'd have shot a hole in my butt, or at the very least burned some skin. Sooo....I put it back the way it was for the safety factor and have learned to live with the trigger.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was trying to do something about the disgraceful trigger on the LCP and was working my way thru the gun, plotting out how the parts interacted and ways to improve the trigger. I won't describe what I did to cure it - I made it much better but when I started to put it in my back pocket I felt "something" move and belatedly realized it was the trigger and stopped. If I'd pushed just a bit harder I'd have shot a hole in my butt, or at the very least burned some skin. Sooo....I put it back the way it was for the safety factor and have learned to live with the trigger.
The LCPll are scary triggers. I would think under intense stress, a person would not even notice the long free play, come to the wall and bang without noticing realizing it. Holstering it, is scary as well. Especially after the triggers get some use and lighten up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think I may have spoken to soon about Ruger's great customer service. Still no response to my return email to them on Monday. I just called. No message about the office being unexpectedly closed this time. Instead I was put on hold. After 15 minutes I hung up.

I think the moral of those two stories above are leave well enough alone, including the LCP! The trigger on the original is fine with me for its intended purpose.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just for me lite triggers are not in the picture and very scary as well. My neighbor and a member here Gladius64? have really done some good work making the trigger lite. It works for them. Practice and know your firearm if you CC. Practice/Practice/Practice! Beware of triggers that have changed after many rounds. Be aware!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I PC my M&P BG .380. 69946631_2424811994264195_8887530887369981952_n (1).jpg
70277980_2424811974264197_8831981515530305536_n.jpg

Reactions: Whiskeyshooter

·
Registered
104 Posts
I PC my M&P BG .380.]
The BG is a fine gun. It is one I have intended to add my EDC arsenal.

Currently all my small EDC concealed are as follows. All DAO-

3-Pico's
2-Kahr P380's
1-LCP Gen 2
1-Keltec P32

3-Beretta Nano's
2- Kahr CM 9mm's

1-Ruger LCR9mm
1)Smith 642

I had a Ruger LC9 and a LC9S. Many rounds through them. I hated to get rid of the LC9S. love the gun. Cool thin design, nice shooter. But just did not trust the trigger any longer. It was just too light. Especially after it wore in to about 4lbs of pull. I did not like the thought of something happening to me and someone in family taking the gun over with such a dangerous trigger. By the way, my brother has my original LC9 and loves it to this day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to check out this video from Galloway precision.It is for installing a peacemaker trigger in an LCP but it has disassembly and assembly instructions shown in an easy to follow manner.I used it to install the Peacekeeper in my LCP.Believe me,if I can take it apart and reassemble it and it works,anyone can.The hammer must be set properly on reassembly for things to work properly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
How do you guy's like the M&P BODYGUARD 380?
How does it compare to the LCP and LCPII in .380?
Does it stand up to round count at the range?
Been thinking about sticking to .9mm for my small pocket firearms but keep coming across this M&P Bodyguard. Not sure if I want to get back into .380 with the LCP or any other. I like the list Whiskyshooter has there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Trying to find a place that rents the Pico, Kahr or the M&P Bodyguard to compare myself.
I noticed Whiskyshooter has x3 of them. What do you suggest to start with if I was to get into the .380cal? Wanted to stick with .9mm but started to really like the small shooters these past x2 years. I have a EC9s, LC9s and a S&W642 but wanted to get another. I had on my list to get next a LCR or LCRx in .9mm or .38/.357 and may just go with one of them unless I come across a 380 that is reliable and will stand up at the range with round count.
EDIT: I am trying to compare the LCP and LCPII in .380 to others for reliability and quality of build.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Trying to find a place that rents the Pico, Kahr or the M&P Bodyguard to compare myself.
I noticed Whiskyshooter has x3 of them. What do you suggest to start with if I was to get into the .380cal? Wanted to stick with .9mm but started to really like the small shooters these past x2 years. I have a EC9s, LC9s and a S&W642 but wanted to get another. I had on my list to get next a LCR or LCRx in .9mm or .38/.357 and may just go with one of them unless I come across a 380 that is reliable and will stand up at the range with round count.
EDIT: I am trying to compare the LCP and LCPII in .380 to others for reliability and quality of build.

The only tiny semi-auto I ever trusted is the original LCP. I have two - or had two - one of the early models and the improved original, whatever they call it, it has slightly bigger sights. I have no experience with the newest LCP II.

"to get next a LCR or LCRx in .9mm or .38/.357" I have an LCR .38 that I have hardly used. I prefer my S&W.

Meanwhile Ruger hasn't gotten back to me. Half the time they have an answering machine that says the office is closed, but Thursday the phone rang and I held on for 15 minutes and then gave up. I tried again later and was just about to hang up at 20 minutes when a lady answered and said the lady I spoke to last week - the one who said they'd fix my gun - wasn't in but she'll leave a message for her.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You need to check out this video from Galloway precision.It is for installing a peacemaker trigger in an LCP but it has disassembly and assembly instructions shown in an easy to follow manner.I used it to install the Peacekeeper in my LCP.Believe me,if I can take it apart and reassemble it and it works,anyone can.The hammer must be set properly on reassembly for things to work properly.

Nice video, but he didn't pop out the small middle pin (the one to the right of "RUGER") like stoopid me, and that's the problem.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I called Ruger again and after a 25 minute wait I finally got someone who was good and she sent me a return label for free. She said repairs usually take 5-7 days. I hope they don't faint when they see what I did to it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry my old LCP in my pocket often and have for a lot of years, sometimes it goes into the 5th pocket of my jeans, shirts never tucked for the most part, long trigger pull is safe imo, nothing goes into the same pocket ever, brotherinlaw shot his self last summer with a kel tec in 380, he claimed nothing in his pocket but I find that hard to believe, went in mid thigh came out right before it hit the knee cap, about a 10" tunnel and not sure if it went between the skin and meat or the meat. heard the shot when he was mowing with a high weed mower on a hill, thought the mower back fired because it quit as soon as I heard the pop. 10 minutes later he walked over with clean jeans on and asked me to take him to the hospital. scary stuff.

·
Registered
449 Posts
mike243, Another good reason to have a pocket holster or trigger guard IMHO! Or something to protect the trigger when CC. rick

·
Registered
449 Posts
I called Ruger again and after a 25 minute wait I finally got someone who was good and she sent me a return label for free. She said repairs usually take 5-7 days. I hope they don't faint when they see what I did to it!
w, You are not the first or the last that ended up needed some assistance. We all have done similar things in the past. I too took apart my Mark III 22/45 and needed help from members here and other forums. It is a great learning curve. Ruger should serve you well. Update the forum on the outcome. When you get it back take some serious time to evaluate your needs and practice/practice/practice!. Good luck and be safe. rick

·
Registered
373 Posts
w, You are not the first or the last that ended up needed some assistance. We all have done similar things in the past. I too took apart my Mark III 22/45 and needed help from members here and other forums. It is a great learning curve. Ruger should serve you well. Update the forum on the outcome. When you get it back take some serious time to evaluate your needs and practice/practice/practice!. Good luck and be safe. rick

Once I finally got the right person on the phone, super service! They even paid shipping both ways and Fedex boxing too and no charge for the repair. I got an email from them yesterday saying they received the gun parts, and today another email saying they've completed the repair and are "now preparing it for shipment" and will send me the tracking number when it is shipped.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I carry my old LCP in my pocket often and have for a lot of years, sometimes it goes into the 5th pocket of my jeans, shirts never tucked for the most part, long trigger pull is safe imo, nothing goes into the same pocket ever, brotherinlaw shot his self last summer with a kel tec in 380, he claimed nothing in his pocket but I find that hard to believe, went in mid thigh came out right before it hit the knee cap, about a 10" tunnel and not sure if it went between the skin and meat or the meat. heard the shot when he was mowing with a high weed mower on a hill, thought the mower back fired because it quit as soon as I heard the pop. 10 minutes later he walked over with clean jeans on and asked me to take him to the hospital. scary stuff.

Yow. I've front pocket carried for many years as well. I don't know how that could have happened, but now I mistrust Kel-tec even more than I did before, if that's possible!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got my LCP back from Ruger today, all put together. Enclosed letter said it's been test fired 24 times without a malfunction. They even sent me a big silicone gun cloth. I just need to go out and test it for myself. Great Ruger service, way beyond what they could have done, because they could have said it was not damaged during normal usage, it was deliberately damaged. I'm very impressed. I didn't expect that. I was alreacdy giving it up for lost.

Actually I'd still like a pocket clip because it is very hard to get at it while seated...but no way will i pop out a pin to attach one!

One thing - i took the barrel off to make sure they hadn't put a lot of grease or lube on it (they hadn't) and then i had some trouble reinserting the little connecting pin. Not sure why. Perhaps they replaced the springs with stronger ones.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tried it out yesterday. Good as new! My only puzzle is why it is so hard for me to put it back together after cleaning it now. I've broken down these guns for cleaning (as opposed to what I did above!) many times and it was always very easy to put back together. Now I have a lot of trouble getting the slide back on, and even after I manage that I have trouble getting the pin pushed back in. That's happened twice now, when i inspected it after getting it back from Ruger and after shooting it yesterday. I managed both times but it wasn't easy like it used to be. I tried to call Ruger to ask what they might have changed, but they're not in today. I'll try again tomorrow. The gun does work perfectly, though.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts