Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's only been a few days but how's everyone liking the new format?

·
Registered
427 Posts
rmichael63,
You are going to get nothing but "cricket's chirping" here. Very little traffic.
I am used to the new format because of using the rugerforum.net. I do not mind the change.
The only issue I have is on both sites I now have to go through another set of steps to login. I have to reply to "Are you human?" and then select pictures of cars or planes(very small pictures) just to access the forums. Both forums will not be seeing much from me if I have to continue with selecting small pictures. I love rugerforum.net and use it to reload and work on my Ruger's. I login many times and may have to limit my time on the forums. Too bad.
I may limit my time here as well. Just not worth the layered steps to access data. Will go to other sources.
Rick Clark CNS, CSE

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its the same platform as the Marlin Owners Group I'm in. Seems fine to me once I got my browser settings correct.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Its the same platform as the Marlin Owners Group I'm in. Seems fine to me once I got my browser settings correct.
Do you have to verify you are human and select pictures before you can access the forum or is it just me?
*The format is nice once you get used to it.

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
427 Posts
chefduane, Marlin's are nice shooters and we almost purchased one last weekend but the .22LR sold before I got there. Not sure what model. May look for a .22 and another caliber lever action. I love shooting them and may get one paired to a revolver for fun. Rick

·
Registered
175 Posts
Do you have to verify you are human and select pictures before you can access the forum or is it just me?
*The format is nice once you get used to it.
Only during the initial sign on. I typically stay signed on and don't see that when I access the forum.

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
175 Posts
chefduane, Marlin's are nice shooters and we almost purchased one last weekend but the .22LR sold before I got there. Not sure what model. May look for a .22 and another caliber lever action. I love shooting them and may get one paired to a revolver for fun. Rick
I have a Marlin 336 in .30-30 and I love it. I bought it to be my Texas hog gun. I also have a Henry in .22LR and they make a nice set. Those, along with my Heritage Rough Rider, allow me to live my childhood cowboy fantasy in real life with real guns. Yeehaw Pilgrim.

Reactions: rclark28

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's my goal to just get out and shoot like I did as a kid. I have several locally to choose from and will get a lever action rifle to go with my Ruger Wrangler to start with. Something like the Marlin 336 in .30-30 is next. Looking for .357/.38 next to go with my S&W revolvers. THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!

Reactions: chefduane

·
Registered
273 Posts
I sorta like the layout being oldest post first. But that may be a choice I made somewhere in the past when setting up my account. I'm not a "computer tekkie" by any stretch.
If it helps get this site more traffic, I say KUDOS to the genius that provided the means.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It seems like every forum online is moving to Xenforo. I don't quite know why, but since there are costs associated with running forums, that's probably part of it. Some of the existing forums are running very old, and in some cases, no longer supported software.

Even though it's a little jarring to have every forum look alike, the upside is that once you have your preferences set and know the user interface, you can navigate them all easily.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rmichael63,
You are going to get nothing but "cricket's chirping" here. Very little traffic.
I am used to the new format because of using the rugerforum.net. I do not mind the change.
The only issue I have is on both sites I now have to go through another set of steps to login. I have to reply to "Are you human?" and then select pictures of cars or planes(very small pictures) just to access the forums. Both forums will not be seeing much from me if I have to continue with selecting small pictures. I love rugerforum.net and use it to reload and work on my Ruger's. I login many times and may have to limit my time on the forums. Too bad.
I may limit my time here as well. Just not worth the layered steps to access data. Will go to other sources.
Rick Clark CNS, CSE
Rick ... i know, so do i ... not sure what the heck that is all about. It only happens on my cell phone, not my desk top here at work, not my lap top at home or my kindle. Just my damn cell phone, see cell phones bad ... :unsure:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seems OK. Same as Sig Talk forum. That's new also. Still finding my way around. No negatives yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never seen these pictures / human verification, and my web browser logs me in automatically when I open the page (Firefox on windows PC, Puffin Browser on Android) Sorry to say it's not a normal issue.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I belong to a few forums that have changed, most new ones are almost set up the same way. Just a different profile pictures of the forum.I like it.(y)(y)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I belong to a few forums that have changed, most new ones are almost set up the same way. Just a different profile pictures of the forum.I like it.(y)(y)
Agree. Makes getting data and information much easier for me. It just takes some time to get used to the change. It is worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
273 Posts
rmichael63,
Rick Clark CNS, CSE
Really! You never get any Norwegian girl pictures where you need to pick out those without a shirt?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts