Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some new .22 rimfire ammunition put out by SK, and I now have a brick of 500 to test and see if it just might be worth my while:

Long range? 100 yards and beyond? How far beyond?

The bullet design is no different looking than most all of the other 40 grain .22 rimfire bullets that I'm accustomed to, so I just may need to pull a bullet and see if there just might be a tiny "jet engine" built into the base so the bullet can go beyond:

For sure, I'm gonna shoot these at my starting distance of 35 meters, only to see how they group from a few of my rifles. I will post targeted groups, both good and bad for all the world to see.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Waiting to read your range report on these long range .22 and your final thoughts on them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
This one I will put on my list to try. Kind of trying to keep a big backup stock and get back to testing ammo for my rimfires. Having a blast!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's my biggest weakness! I just LOVE testing .22 rimfire ammunition, in most any form that I can get my paws on:

I have 11, .22 rimfire rifles that I use as "crash-test dummies" and 23 .22 rimfire pistols that are also employed to produce measured velocities from 4-inch to 10-inch barrel lengths. I even get this old "bridesmaid" involved every now and then:

Or this one to clear out the spiders living in the bore while sitting in the safe:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice they are low velocity. I wonder how well they will cycle in a semi-auto rifle.
That's a good point. I initially was only going to go with several bolt action .22 rimfire rifles, but now will try some in my 10/22 to check function. I also have these to try, if only to see if they are just another marketing "gimmick", or not:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have never seen this ammo before. Do you mind telling us how much it cost?. Will be watching for your group test, especially with bolt action rifles.
I use SK match a lot in my CZ with very good results.
SK and Eley make different grades of ammo. Anxious to see how this new ammo compares.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I notice they are low velocity. I wonder how well they will cycle in a semi-auto rifle.
Well Sir, here's what I tried yesterday. I took a Ruger 10/22, a Mossberg 715T and a Ruger Mark II MK514, all semi-automatics out back to my range. I loaded up 10 rounds of the SK Long Range ammunition in each of these guns magazines and all 30 rounds fed and fired flawlessly.
I did notice though, that the bullets have a different feeling lube on 'em. Sorta slippery, but I doubt that has much to do with any long range aspects

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never seen this ammo before. Do you mind telling us how much it cost?. Will be watching for your group test, especially with bolt action rifles.
I use SK match a lot in my CZ with very good results.
SK and Eley make different grades of ammo. Anxious to see how this new ammo compares.
Actually, I don't remember the cost for the brick, but I can tell you that I got it from Midway USA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts