Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought two ten round mag from elsie pea store and received them last week. Shipping was handled very professionally; fast delivery and product came in a sturdy box. The problem I am having is that one of the mags I bought works fine will the other is deff. defective. I can not put more than 4 rnds in it and the bottom one seem to get stuck and i either have to tape them out or they fall out. Any one had similar problems with these mags, have any ideas on fixing it, and/or the process for sending it back? Also I assume I will be contacting Midwest Tactical Supply for the return correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
toneal5 said:
I bought two ten round mag from elsie pea store and received them last week. Shipping was handled very professionally; fast delivery and product came in a sturdy box. The problem I am having is that one of the mags I bought works fine will the other is deff. defective. I can not put more than 4 rnds in it and the bottom one seem to get stuck and i either have to tape them out or they fall out. Any one had similar problems with these mags, have any ideas on fixing it, and/or the process for sending it back? Also I assume I will be contacting Midwest Tactical Supply for the return correct?
You might try cleaning it before you give up. I bought a 6 round, and it seems to be full of packing grease or at least a good amount of something like it. Cosmoline I guess. My friend Flowpo bought one also, and he had some Failure to feed problems with it. Hr hadn't cleaned his. I don't know of his results after he cleaned it. I haven't cleaned mine, or used it yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but shouldn't i be able to take it right out the box and use it? I mean I got two and one works and the other doesn't. Plus I took it apart and they both look the same.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We are ALL having some issues with the 10 round ProMag magazines. Seems the steel they make these from is thicker than the otiginal mags were made of and the finish is thicker as well and longer rounds or those rounds that have a larger nose are getting stuck inside the magazine. Some work just fine but other rounds like Winchester White Box bulk will hang up inside there. So far Federal Hydra-Shoks work well, Hornady CT's work well too. And I had a box of American Eagle FMJ round nose and those fed just fine too. Find some ammo that fits it well and it will gin all day long.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used the 10 & 15 today for the 1st time.
The 10 performed flawlessly - no problems at all - great!

The 15 had 1 jam & 4 FTF's the 1st time.
2nd time no jams, but still 4-5 FTF's.
Magtek, Winchester, Lillier Bellot, Angilla, American Eagle ammo.

Summary: very pleased with the 10. It's a pleasure to pull off that many shots & not have to reload.
I'm gonna stretch the 15 spring a little & see if that helps any - uh - oh! ::)

·
Registered
124 Posts
ProMags have been problematic in many guns. Sometimes they work great, sometimes not. I've been lucky, I have a couple of 10 rounders for a Bersa Thunder .380 that work flawlessly, but many folks have problems with them.

You can try returning the bad ones and maybe the replacements will work. Or you can try checking for burrs or tweaking the mag lips (but that may make them non-returnable).

Maybe Ruger, or Wolff, or MecGar will come up with an 10 or 15 rounder that is really reliable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sad to say I've had to return almost every ProMag I've ever bought for any gun, they are generally junk. I no longer even try them...
I think they should change their name to PorMag.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok. I got the 10 round promag, loaded up, and inserted in the lcp till locked. Now it's stuck and won't come out. I unloaded and took the slide off but mag is stuck and won't move. Ideas? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts