Ruger Pistol Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Re: How old is "too old" to conceal carry a pistol?

cystokid said:
Hey there mn-doggie! Lots of my fellow physicians carry sidearms--don't make a blanket statement that MDs are not too "gun friendly". 'Taint necessarily so!
I think that my phrase "many MDs" is a fair and accurate statement. Most would mean more than 50%. Many is an amount less.

I know there are also many "MDs" who also carry. The instructor for the carry permit class that I took was hired by my MD friend (an eye surgeon) to give a class fro his family members. There was an extra opening and he called me so I saved a bunch. All I had to do is pay for the range time.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Well I will be 72 this coming May. I drag race a ,hopfully 9 sec car now. :) I own a bunch of guns. Some of them all. I carry concealed in the house, in the car, in the mall, every where I am allowed to. I have untill the end 2012 to requalify ,same with my DR lic. And yes, I have to retest and go to the range. Had my 1st Mossburg 22 at age 7. Had my 1st car at age 12. Soo as long as I can see,walk, talk and reason, I will do all of the above.

Reactions: themousethatroared
G

·

I'm still a competitive water skier and handgun and rifle competitor at 68 and plan on it for quite a few more years. Should I ever find I'm skiing with a gun on by mistake, I'll probably re-evaluate myself. Until then I carry all day every day except when I'm in the water. :D

G

·

unclenunzie said:
Keeping and bearing is an enumerated right. Beyond being a competent non-felon, no adult citizen should have their rights questioned.
I disagree. All Americans ought to have the right to own guns. The only exception I'd think of is violent felons - murderers, rapists, etc. Once you start limiting firearm ownership, there is no end as we can see today. Divorce and Lautenberg Amendment makes you a non-eligible citizen, for example. In some counties in Minnesota an old DUI costs you the carry permit.

Somebody wrote: "'Shall not be infringed' DO NOT somehow translate into 'reasonable restrictions apply'."

As to the OP's question: 146 or 147 - around there.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts