Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry my Ruger LC9s in a hip holster. Seems to come out during draw quick enough and with a pretty smooth transition. I guess I just don't see why "pocket carry" would be better than that:

Seems like it would be a slow endeavor, especially when/if adrenalin is pumping like mad in a very stressful situation. Would just like to learn of reasons those who carry, like which method better.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's NOT better.
It's just another option.
I prefer OWB with LC9s or Shield.
I sometimes IWB for better concealment.
For me, and my body-shape IWB can be awkward and/or uncomfortable.
but
Most often I pocket carry (with a good pocket holster) (LCPII, LCPII-22, and sometimes a little NAA 22mag)
It's easier to grab-n-go. And I don't have to constantly hike up my pants and verify concealment. (body shape again)
Pocket draw will lose every time to belt draw. If the time comes, what I'm planning for is more discrete-draw.
I can put my hand on my gun without drawing undue attention. I can draw it from my pocket and still have it concealed, in my hand.
I can attempt to de-escalate a situation while drawing my weapon.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pocket carry is neither good, better, or worse. It is a method of carry that works for some and not for others. I carry AOWB belt clip with my LCPII and AIWB with my EC9s. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Its simply what works for me.

Reactions: Black Rifle Reviews

·
Registered
25 Posts
I carry my LC9 both owb and pocket.
Going to work and whatnot every day its just easier to toss it in my pocket and have it concealed to be taken out in a concealed manner easier to me.
Now when I'm on my motorcycle and just out enjoying life I carry OWB because I feel its easier to draw then pocket carry especially if im sitting.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I carry my LC9 both owb and pocket.
Going to work and whatnot every day its just easier to toss it in my pocket and have it concealed to be taken out in a concealed manner easier to me.
Now when I'm on my motorcycle and just out enjoying life I carry OWB because I feel its easier to draw then pocket carry especially if im sitting.
I've tried pocket carry when wearing cargo shorts in the summer. When sitting in my truck, seatbelt in use, it's a real PITA to get my LC9 out of my pocket then. Much better from a hip holster.
Even when walking, I find a holster much more convenient, especially when a pocket holster is also in use. To me, that would be too much fumbling around during an "adrenalin rush" situation, that I hope NEVER happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts