Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elsiepea.com seems to have gotten off to a quick start. Spread the word, feedback appreciated. We are growing everyday and already the place is chock full of good info. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
So far so good, besides a little drama right off the bat. I believe this site is gonna grow to be big, there was and will continue to be alot of LCP's sold. Once the word continues to spread, I bet we will be up to 1000 members by the beginning of the year...(Thats my Prediction..LOL)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Doing a great job. Lots of good topics and even have a money saving store. A lot more people will come for the good info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Other than the usual "getting used to", I think this site has potential. It's the perfect storm. A great product, good ideas, and lots of interest. Important part is awareness, as far as keeping up on the "new stuff", and not letting certain ones control the board. Some others have just created a bully pulpit, and that becomes uninteresting fast. Good luck!

·
Registered
262 Posts
ralpho1 said:
Other than the usual "getting used to", I think this site has potential. It's the perfect storm. A great product, good ideas, and lots of interest. Important part is awareness, as far as keeping up on the "new stuff", and not letting certain ones control the board. Some others have just created a bully pulpit, and that becomes uninteresting fast. Good luck!
Just hope you don't change your mind as time goes on!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kraigster414: I'm really enjoying the board. I particularly like to friendliness of communication. At 63 I have less tolerance for the argumentative style and excessive testosterone I see on so many other gun boards. You've done a nice job.

P7

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am very happy to hear that P7. Yes the other moderators and I have made a concerted effort to keep the "drama" down without negatively impacting on the free flow of information (and fun). Every gun forum I have found has a unique personality and like you (and I am not too far behind you in age) my threshold for "pain" ain't what it used to be - at some of these gun forums you have to have a Rockwell skin hardness higher than steel to survive. Enjoy and keep posting, Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with P7. Friendly people here. Other gun forums have hostile people, bullies, highly critical folks, etc. This works great for me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
One out of One Nietz's says its A O K in my book, Good atmosphere and lots of info for such a new board. so far pretty much everyone that posts seems like good people, and responses are a plenty usually. I have added this forum to my list of sites to check out and can honestly say that I log in daily to see whats going on in the world of Miss Pea and just in general.

The one thing I would mention and its not even an issue just a "hmmmm" kind of feeling with the no keltec talk, I get the no bashing rule but honestly it is the main contender for our beloved Elsie and some comparison talk could be good and will come up, a little debate never hurt anyone right? and as long as the bashing stays at bay and if it doesn't thats what mods are for ;D. I don't own a keltec but its on my to do list just because, and I am not really biased towards either one at this point and I only mention it because I have had a couple questions comparing the P3AT to Elsie and had to look else where for the answers instead of asking here and getting opinions from people that may have fired or own both *shrug* rules is rules though so I follow suit 8)

5 Stars from me, I like what I see so far. Keep up the good work and I think 1000+ members by years end will happen easily.

Nietz

·
Registered
696 Posts
Nietz, There are many members on this site that have a Kel-tec, so any questions concerning the similiarity or differences you may have, ask away. There are very friendly people here that will answer any question you have. Dont ever be afraid or think that you or anyone else cannot discuss the keltec or any other firearm for that matter. Im sure 99% or more of members here own other guns than just the LCP. Yes I also agree a little debate doesnt hurt concerning any name brand firearm. There is a difference between debating, stating a like or dislike, or just down right bashing. :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nietz, your comments are very much appreciated. We welcome a comparison between the LCP and ANY pocket .380 as long as the discussion remains fair and balanced and devoid of rancor and "high drama." (I am one of those who own both an LCP and a P3AT.)

It has long been my feeling that advocates for either gun can co-exist without resorting to arms (literally or figuratively :)) Keep in mind though that elsiepeaforum.com is a forum for the discussion of the LCP and that's where our focus should be placed. That doesn't mean however that quantifiable differences in specifications, i.e. weight, size, design, parts, etc. between the two guns can't be discussed. What we don't want to see because it has occurred in excess at other forums, is commentary (rants if you will) that can only be descirbed as bashing and trolling whether directed at Ruger or Keltec.

At elsiepeaforum.com, we endeavor to take the "high road."

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lots of good info and ideas, keep it going in the direction it headed. John

·
Registered
18 Posts
kraigster414, I want to say first of all thank you for the invite over here. Were it not for you, I would not actually be here.

What I will say is I own more than one LCP and P3AT. I have given a very unbiased review over at KTOG, (sorry if out of line)...and that post disappeared.

I carry both, i will continue to carry both, and fwiw, they are both fine guns. i was the first one @ KTOG to have their hands on an LCP, and evlauated it as such.

I like the looks of the LCP better, and the slide lock is a nice feature.

there are due to be teething problems, and the LCP is not the typical ruger tank-type firearm. those who are used to dealing with pocket pistols are aware of the tight tolerances these little guns have.

but once you get over that, it is a fine firearm.

and one I am quite comfortable to carry.

and if anyone wants to ask comparison questions, I will provide answers, UNBIASED, HONEST, AND FAIR.

Good or bad, if you do not want the answers honestly, just do not ask. I do not pull any punches.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RJ, having you here is a major plus for the forum. You and I go back a ways at ktog.org and your reputation as a stand-up guy can never be questioned. Best of all, you know what you are talking about and you communicate that knowledge in a clear, concise, and courteous manner. I hope you will be a frequent contributer to elsiepea.com as you have much to share. Thank you, Rich

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
best thing for some posters is to use the PM emails. that way it is personal and I or anyone else can state his feelings without the fear of being punished on this or any forum. I personally use PM 5 to 1 over normal posting. I hve far better results that way, as I am only relating to the issue that one person desired to know more about, which for some might be boring, or for some might even be wrong..

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The first thing I do every morming is check my PM's from Jocko. This morning there were 107. ;D

I think I know where Jocko is coming from and it's often an individual call as to whether one wants to PM or post. For the most part though, if it's a question/comment of a non-personal nature and you think it would be/should be of interest to the general membership, posting is the way to go. I really don't see anything in this thread that would necessitate back channel communications. It's all good in my book and good for elsiepea.com. But Jocko's points are well-taken.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would like to thank everyone for their hard work and efforts in keeping this board enjoyable to read. My congrats to all!!! :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts