Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around at several online dealers and came across this particular one.

"Hinterland Outfitters". I saw it when I was perusing through the SlickGuns website and checked it out for price comparisons etc. They seem to be a web sales only outfit and have no storefront service in Houston. Their prices are comparatively very good and have no up-charge for credit card use like other online stores (Bud's, Tombstone, etc.). Shipping on pistols is a flat $9.99. I can't find much in customer service 'ratings' info on this outfit other than their BBB rating "A" and info that they've been in business since 2010. And, there's next to nothing on scuttlebutt for this dealer in a few forums I've read.

Would like to know if anyone here has some first hand information or personal info on this web based dealer.

URL: Guns For Sale, Hunting Gear, Shooting Supplies - Hinterland Outfitters

Mailing Address:

Hinterland Outfitters
PO Box 550804
Houston, TX 77255

Phone: 1-877-446-8370 (Toll-Free, M-F 10AM - 5PM)

·
Registered
62 Posts
GrabAGun is also very reasonable, at least for the LCP.
I just purchased a new LCP w/Lasermax for $315.00 shipped to my FFL. This was the lowest price shipped that I had seen for the LCP w/Lasermax. Also, no Credit Card fees charged. Flat Rate Shipping is $5.99

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took a pass on Hinterland Outfitters...just didn't trust the site given that I can't find much info posted by pistol buyers about this online shop...although the prices were quite good.

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
Will check their website out. Thanks for the post and link.
+1 toytraindoc

·
Registered
3 Posts
My experience with Hinterland was horrible. I ordered a HOWA 1500 on 2/12/2021. The items showed IN STOCK. Of course, they took the money at checkout (expected). A week later, I Email customer support and they state that everything is great and that they will be shipping the item shortly. Another week passes by - I Email them AGAIN and they stated the same exact thing - this time stating that it should ship in a day or two. On 3/2/2021 - I get an Email from them stating that the Rifle I had ordered was the last one but upon checking it - it was damaged and that they would credit my account. They DID credit my account 3 days later (on 3/5/2021). In essence, they kept my money for 23 days and cancelled the order. That is my experience with Hinterland Outfitters. I gave them a 1 star rating because I could not give a Zero star.

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
Report them to the Better Business Bureau

·
Registered
3 Posts
Report them to the Better Business Bureau
May not be a bad idea. I am just frustrated of the way some companies (Not just arms companies) do business. I realize that this is a seller's market and everything is different now... but I feel like there is a lot of gouging, a lot of missteps, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you join RPF just to bash Hinterland Outfitters, pkerbage? The only two posts were about this. How about posting about your Rugers?

Full disclosure; I've not done business with Hinterland Outfitters. I have no opinion on their service or legitimacy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you join RPF just to bash Hinterland Outfitters, pkerbage? The only two posts were about this. How about posting about your Rugers?

Full disclosure; I've not done business with Hinterland Outfitters. I have no opinion on their service or legitimacy.
Did you even read my text before making this assenine statement of yours? What Ruger? They never delivered anything. Next time, I suggest you get informed before you attack. Hinterland kept my money for weeks then never shipped anything then canceled the transaction. And it had nothing to do with a Ruger.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is a Ruger forum. Let's talk about them and not result to immature insults. Again, two posts to bash a vendor, no posts about your Rugers. And now one more post to insult me.
Did you even read my text before making this assenine statement of yours? What Ruger? They never delivered anything. Next time, I suggest you get informed before you attack. Hinterland kept my money for weeks then never shipped anything then canceled the transaction. And it had nothing to do with a Ruger.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
This is a Non-Firearm discussion, pkerbage answered the OP's question. I don't know why sparkyv is fixated on talking about Ruger's in a Non-Firearm discussion. Denny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts