Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Besides the four Ruger .22s; The MkII 678, the two SP-101s and the Super Single Six, we have I have four .22lr Conversions and three Longguns
The first and still, without a doubt, THE most accurate Firearm I ever shoot, is my late Father's early '40s Winchester Model 72 Target
Seen here with the other Longguns; a Winchester Model 130 and a Marlin 39M Mountie:
e4q46ft.jpg

And a .22lr Conversion Kit for all of my Centerfire Pistols
The Colt, Delta Gold Cup:
H9Hj8Tp.jpg

The CZ75 KADET Kit on my CZ75B-SA Lower:
uPo6UDp.jpg

The Glock AA 20/21 on my G-20SF (Gen 3):
tpNiO5U.jpg

And the Full Sided, Large Steel Framed Witness:
81kEFP0.jpg

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very good looking bunch. I am glad you kept your fathers 40s Winchester Model 72 Target. Looks amazing!

Reactions: DenStinett

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

Very good looking bunch. I am glad you kept your father's 40s Winchester Model 72 Target. Looks amazing!
Yeah, it was Dad's ROTC Match rifle, back in the mid 40s, and will passed-down to my Nephew in a few years ( and if HE tries to sell it, I'll haunt him .... and the Guy he sells it to :eek: )
He taught me to shoot it when I was 3, using CBcaps in our Backyard
Thhen, when I grew-up, and became old enough, we started shooting .22lr(s) at the local Range
This little Rifle can still "Keyhole" shots at 50 yards
Shot this [email protected] Target a few years Back
Not bad for 60+ year old Eyes, Offhand and a Peep Sight:
SA1qPeK.jpg

·
Registered
449 Posts
Too many of our family firearms end up scrap or sold/traded. I am with you on this one if your nephew does not take care of it he should be haunted. Hopefully he will honor it. My 62 year old eyes are fading but the fun factor still is there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too many of our family firearms end up scrap or sold/traded. I am with you on this one if your nephew does not take care of it he should be haunted. Hopefully he will honor it. My 62 year old eyes are fading but the fun factor still is there.
Yeah, at 65, I'm finding-out that (in most cases) "Glass" is the only answer
But I still like a nice Peep Sight
Haven't had the chance to give it a good "Run", but I'm looking forward to seeing how well the William's Peep Sights on my 99/44 work:
ZduvQKa.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts