Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Henry Golden Boy out of the Box and went down to the basement. I shot four 5 shot groups. The first group was about 3 inches to the left at 15 yards. So I moved the rear sight to Center on the barrel. That put the center of the group about an inch to the left. So I moved the sight a little bit more off Center the opposite way that put the third group little more centered. The fourth group was pretty much centered also. So I decided to try off hand the fifth group what's a little bit lower and maybe a little bit bigger group but I can't hardly see open sights anymore.
But what really pissed me off is after I look down the barrel and see reamer marks in the riflings. The sights being a mile off I expected better from Henry but the barrel with a reamer Mark is unacceptable.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That would bug me too. Call them up. I don't know how they are but their rifles aren't cheap. Maybe they will do something for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Call them up and ask (demand) that they take it back and install a new barrel. I own two. I have had to deal with their customer service. They are very good and will replace anything that is not correct. For what you pay, that rifle should be pristine. Call them. And mention the sight issue too.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey Rich, I bought a Henry .22 cal. 4 or 5 years ago.
I've never had any issues with it. Sounds like you may have gotten a lemon.
I hope their quality control hasn't gone downhill.
I would agree with the others - Call Customer Service.
I've never had to use their CS, but hopefully they will resolve the issue(s).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey Rich, After reading your post, I realized that I hadn't shot my Henry in awhile.
So, took it out to the range the other day and shot 150 rounds through it.
No issues! I love how buttery smooth the lever action is on it. :chuncky:
Hope Henry CS fixes yours up for you, so you can enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will probably be a couple weeks till I get the 22 taken care of. It's a busy season down to Lake pulling boats winterizing them and shrink wrap in them.
My mother of a hundred and two years old has just passed away so I'm sort of busy with that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

I just bought a gently used Golden boy in .22WMR
at 50 yards it was hitting about 5 inches right.
adjusted the rear sight a bit. Now nice groups at center.
Mine is an older model that came with a shiny black barrel band. I emailed Henry to see about purchasing a brass/brassite one.
They mailed me one at no charge.

I ordered a engraved receiver cover to dedicate the rifle to my late father-in-law (his name is Henry)
I'll be purchasing a display frame soon. Christmas present for my wife.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Really sorry to hear that Rich. My sympathy for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RICHGCOOP

·
Registered
449 Posts
Rich, Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. The Henry can get worked out. Take care of yourself. Rick

Reactions: RICHGCOOP

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got my Henry Golden Boy out of the Box and went down to the basement. I shot four 5 shot groups. The first group was about 3 inches to the left at 15 yards. So I moved the rear sight to Center on the barrel. That put the center of the group about an inch to the left. So I moved the sight a little bit more off Center the opposite way that put the third group little more centered. The fourth group was pretty much centered also. So I decided to try off hand the fifth group what's a little bit lower and maybe a little bit bigger group but I can't hardly see open sights anymore.
But what really pissed me off is after I look down the barrel and see reamer marks in the riflings. The sights being a mile off I expected better from Henry but the barrel with a reamer Mark is unacceptable.

Have you tried the .22 shorts out yet you can get more shots with the shorts , I found them to be accurate & fun to shoot plinking cans .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts