Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New shooter. Been at it for a year, and loving it! Learning how to handle, use and be safe with a gun has been an incredible experience. I own 2 Ruger pistols and 2 rifles. SR22, 10/22 TD 50th, PC9 Carbine, and now a SR9c.

Joining the forum to learn more about all Ruger gems, what's generally happening and to learn more about servicng and modifying my existing Firearms (FA)

To start with I recently bought my SR9c used via GB. Almost all of my FA have come via auction. Always a good experience if you look closely and ask questions. However,my SR9C has issues. At my FFl dealer the action worked well, no hick ups. I paid and left. I did not break it all the way down, as i usually do, but i was rushed.

At home i ran some snap caps through and right away the extractor pivot pin popped out. I tried to reinstall from the top of the slide with all parts in the right order. However every time i tapped it flush, the pin, with the sightest movement, would slip through the bottom.

I called Ruger and as always, great service, they are sending me a new one. But now after breaking it down again, the striker blocker pin popped out and I an not 100% sure how to install it. It won't just pop in with a little love.

So three questions,

1. Is this normal for the blocker pin and spring to pop out like that with the extractor and pivot pin no installed?

2. How do you reinstall the blocker pin with spring?

3. And how alarmed should I be?

Hello, thanks for the time and consideration out of the gate and stay safe!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western Pa. Glad you have joined us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rougue and toytrain! IndigoWolf, what part you from?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IndigoWolf, I am by Concord/Manch Area. Shoot at Manch Firing Line as my home base. Know any good outdoor ranges between you and me that might allow me to sight in a rifle? I can only get 30 years at the range, and I am hunting for some outdoor places. I have reservation land I just moved in next to, but I still need to scout the area. let me know and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
518 Posts
There are several great clubs out there between you an me... Not sure what their policies are towards non members. There are several open to the public gravel pits also. I know of several, in Dover. Exiter, and Seabrook, and I have heard rumor of others further up your way. I belong to the Piscataqua Fish and Game Club in the Greenland area. I have heard that one of the clubs up in the Rochester has a day or two that the public can use the range to sight their rifles in for either cheap or free. I personally have only lived here in NH for 5 years and I'm still learning where all these places are myself. I grew up in Michigan where it seemed every county had a basic outdoor public range or two taken care of by the DNR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts