Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Re: Has anyone "used" their LCP yet for actual defense ..firing or brandishing etc??

Brandishing in Nevada is unacceptable and a crime and you would be jeopardizing your CCW permit, not something I would do.

· Registered
73 Posts
Re: Has anyone "used" their LCP yet for actual defense ..firing or brandishing etc??

therealsherlock said:
Reference "brandishing".... sometimes just showing the gun can defuse the whole situation - that is what I meant by brandishing. This would be obviously a last resort just before shooting.
In Nevada by definition brandishing is pointing/waving a firearm in a menacing way to three or more individuals. We had discussion in my CCW renew class about this and other options to make people aware that you have a firearm when threaten.

I understand what you are asking, you have to be careful when pointing a firearm.

· Registered
73 Posts

Nevada is an open carry state also but count on being stopped and questioned in some areas like Reno & Las Vegas.

Virgina City you have to have a special permit issued by the city for open carry because of the cowboy actor's walking around.

· Registered
73 Posts

Ooben said:
gcwimmer said:
Nevada is an open carry state also but count on being stopped and questioned in some areas like Reno & Las Vegas.

Virgina City you have to have a special permit issued by the city for open carry because of the cowboy actor's walking around.
Yeah, that's a situation where great care would need to be exercised, that's for sure.... :D
They advertise VC as "Step back in time", some of the locals get a little too much in character with squibs being used and the city uses the permit to weed out some of the local yahoo's who have stepped too far back in time.

I lived in Prescott, AZ back in the 70's/80's with open carry and around hunting season you would see a lot of people carry. Around fall the local Chevy dealer would have a show with trick shot, fast draw artist and for the next couple of months you would read about locals shooting them self in armpit or foot. Sometimes we need laws to protect are self from are self.

· Registered
73 Posts

My self defense training especially in a circumstance presented is to shoot to stop not to wound, take that much time on three shots presents too much time for return fire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.