Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've received two shipments of the CCI Vellocitors from CCI:

Been chrono graphing the snot out of this ammunition from barrel lengths of 18, 20, 24, 26 & 27 inches and the ONLY time they even came close to reaching the box and advertised velocity of 1435 FPS was in the 26 and 27 inch length barrels.
So if you are shooting these rounds from a Ruger 10/22 with its factory barrel and claim you're getting the box velocity.....
you are full of 馃挬 , and DON'T even think you're getting the "foot pounds of energy" you think you're getting if you indeed had those box velocities out of your 10/22. Bragging days are over Francis, unless you fork over the $$$ to get a 27 inch long barrel for your old 10/22, or better yet, get a raise in your allowance so you can get a CZ 457 LUX or Trainer with a barrel that long. :p

Registered
IT appears we live in a world wear the truth is non exsistent.they do shoot good for me though just hotrodded mini mags.
Same world as always.

I remember MANY years ago when the .243 Winchester came out with much hoopla and inflated velocity that was taken in a 26 inch barrel but the rifle Winchester sold had a 22 inch barrel.

So the overly optimistic velocity scam has been with us practically forever.

Reactions: 40nascar

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My Ruger 77/22 bolt action .22 LR just loves these rounds. Chipmunks and red squirrels, not so much:

Also, my Winchester Model 67A with its 27 inch barrel, likes these as well and destroys many myths by those who don't shoot very much:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Probably no better than the 1000 rnd brick of Win M-22's that I paid $55 for, out the door."

YOU will NEVER know as you can't afford a chronograph. 馃槩 What you bought is a "bulk pack" of 1000 rounds, NOT a brick. All those rounds are jumbled up and jostle around in that box against one another. Cheap, shoddy ammunition with loose bullets that are easily spun around in the case. But, if that's all one can afford, that's what you're PROBABLY stuck with I guess.

Registered
So far, I've received two shipments of the CCI Vellocitors from CCI:

Been chrono graphing the snot out of this ammunition from barrel lengths of 18, 20, 24, 26 & 27 inches and the ONLY time they even came close to reaching the box and advertised velocity of 1435 FPS was in the 26 and 27 inch length barrels.
So if you are shooting these rounds from a Ruger 10/22 with its factory barrel and claim you're getting the box velocity.....
you are full of 馃挬 , and DON'T even think you're getting the "foot pounds of energy" you think you're getting if you indeed had those box velocities out of your 10/22.
Thanks for the warning about this:poop::poop: ammo. Glad I'm not paying 20c per rnd for it.

Registered
"Probably no better than the 1000 rnd brick of Win M-22's that I paid $55 for, out the door."

YOU will NEVER know as you can't afford a chronograph. 馃槩 What you bought is a "bulk pack" of 1000 rounds, NOT a brick. All those rounds are jumbled up and jostle around in that box against one another. Cheap, shoddy ammunition with loose bullets that are easily spun around in the case. But, if that's all one can afford, that's what you're PROBABLY stuck with I guess.
22 Lr is meant to be a fun round/plinker/short range small game rnd.. You won't see me spending $1500 or more on a rig that can't accurately make hits beyond 100 yds. I leave that to einstiens like you that have $100 bills to 馃敟.

Registered
All .22 ammo is subject to a few glitches.

Due to the increased production efforts in this shortage........all types are probably a little less reliable than they would be in good times.

Hang in there........things will get better.

Registered
馃槩 What you bought is a "bulk pack" of 1000 rounds, NOT a brick. All those rounds are jumbled up and jostle around in that box against one another. Cheap, shoddy ammunition with loose bullets that are easily spun around in the case. But, if that's all one can afford, that's what you're PROBABLY stuck with I guess.

馃槃馃槃馃槅馃槅馃槄馃槄馃槀馃槀馃ぃ馃ぃ

All your Bull Schitt doesn't matter when I can constantly hit the target with my cheap 10/22, and cheap ammo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
22 Lr is meant to be a fun round/plinker/short range small game rnd.. You won't see me spending $1500 or more on a rig that can't accurately make hits beyond 100 yds. I leave that to einstiens like you that have $100 bills to 馃敟.
BURN! BABY! BURN! There's lots more arriving daily. Leave the Thunderduds to the Po' Folk!. EEEEEHA:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
馃槃馃槃馃槅馃槅馃槄馃槄馃槀馃槀馃ぃ馃ぃ

All your Bull Schitt doesn't matter when I (????chea????) can constantly hit the target with (????myp???) 10/22, and cheap ammo.
Targets for PROOF, or it didn't happen. Or are you writing about shooting at a barn from the inside?

Registered
Cloud Sky Plant Building Natural landscape

Building Window Fixture Wood Interior design

• Haha
Reactions: 40nascar

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are your patterns at 25 yds with your 7.62x39 handloads.
Oh yah, that's right. That's from the day I was shooting flies off the outside wall of that barn from 400 yards away. Hit every single fly that I shot at. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts