Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
I belong to a private rifle and pistol club in the Fayetteville, NC area. The complex has three separate ranges built on the property. The first has berms at 50 and 200 yards with target holders at 10, 25, 50, 100 and 200 yards. Range two had a three hundred yard berm with target holders at 100, 200, and 300 yards. Rifle cartridges only on this range. The third range is designed for cowboy action/practical pistol shooting with a 25 yard berm is actually three ranges in one due to the side berms. We conduct/sponser three gun, cowboy action, hi-power rifle, vintage rifle, black powder cartridge, youth rim fire, and black powder matches monthly. These matches are open to the public. Dues are currently $175.00 per year, including range maintenance fees.

· Registered
90 Posts
Riggsie said:
I am a member at our rifle/gun club here in Spokane. Dues are 100.00 per year and there is both indoor and outdoor pistol ranges. There are several rifle ranges, as well as, trap shooting. The club is ran very well and the folks are always pleasant to work with. It takes me twenty minutes to get there from my home. I would love to find a place outdoors on state land, but I have not had the time to search. There is one other indoor range that charges 20.00 per day, but things are ran way too tight. In my experience, not a friendly place to shoot.

Riggsie
Riggies, I noticed you have both the Mark III hunter and the Mark III deluxe. What's the difference and do you have a preference? Just curious. I shoot bullseye league with my MarkII slab side target model.

· Registered
26 Posts
The deluxe has a shorter barrel 5.5'' The Hunter I have has a 6 7/8" barrel with a Leopold pistol scope. I use the Hunter all the time. The Deluxe is something I bought to pass on to my kids. It is a Lipsey's exclusive, it has cocobola grips and a gold trigger on a blued frame and a slab side barrel. I think it is a nice looking gun. Both came with hi-viz sights. Can't go wrong with a Ruger!

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a membership at Calibers gun range here in Greensboro, NC. They offer 3 months for $35 for unlimited range time and you can bring you own ammo. Their limits on calibers size. Great staff! Took my friends and families we all had a good time. Pictured is my sister and a friend. Sister first time shooting anything and she has the elsie.

Another place I've visit is the Uwharrie National Forrest in North Carolina, they have a rifle and pistol range. Pay $3 and shoot all day long. Pictured of range.

· Registered
96 Posts
There is an indoor range a couple of blocks from my work. They charge $15 to get in with no time limit. They also have a yearly membership for $20 a month. I used to belong years ago. I think it is time to renew my membership. They also sell and rent firearms. As a matter of fact, that is where I finaly found my LCP.

· Registered
484 Posts
Ooben said:
I'm going to be a jerk here and tell you about my secret gravel pit....20 minutes away, 150 yards from end to end. $0 an hour, open from dawn till dusk, never a crowd. I have taken a lunch with me and have spent the entire day shooting there...ok, anyone jealous? :D
Mike

I've got a place like that myself; only problem is that its 6 hours away up in the UP of Michigan (make it up there 3-5 times a year). Around here there's an indoor range that runs something like $12/half hour and about 25min away an outdoor range that runs about 8.50/half hour and they run out to 300yrds. Then there is a range at a public park which is free, but of course quality is on the poor side.

· Registered
90 Posts
I have several gun ranges to choose from. Being in the Northwest theres a gravel or dirt pit just about anywhere within less then a half hour drive. Sometimes the decision on which way to go is the hard part. Except for gas they are free. As a side note, I do wish we had a quality, well run gun range in the area though.

· Registered
2,204 Posts
LittleLiver said:
I have several gun ranges to choose from. Being in the Northwest theres a gravel or dirt pit just about anywhere within less then a half hour drive. Sometimes the decision on which way to go is the hard part. Except for gas they are free. As a side note, I do wish we had a quality, well run gun range in the area though.
I joined the local Izaak Walton about 2 years ago striclty to shoot. cost me $100 a year for entiere family. a super outdoor range that NO ONE ever comes to shoot at. I have been there at least200 times in the past 2 years and have yet to encounter anothershooter. almost like my personal range, only they take care of all the grass cutting and rebuildignt he railroad tie target barriers etc. I

· Registered
484 Posts
ReD_HaZe said:
I have a membership at Calibers gun range here in Greensboro, NC. They offer 3 months for $35 for unlimited range time and you can bring you own ammo. Their limits on calibers size. Great staff! Took my friends and families we all had a good time. Pictured is my sister and a friend. Sister first time shooting anything and she has the elsie.

Another place I've visit is the Uwharrie National Forrest in North Carolina, they have a rifle and pistol range. Pay $3 and shoot all day long. Pictured of range.

Bring more women into shooting!! I think that's one of the keys to turning the tide of negative views on firearms. Of course I'm not talking old women and ******* women... I'm talking civilized, social women (girls too) from teens to 30's, where they have the most influence on their friends and peers. But of course the key is safe firearm handling instructions!

· Registered
204 Posts
pec-memphis said:
Memphis, Tn

Two popular indoor ranges: Range USA and Range Master.

Both are around $13 an hour, but unless they are very, very busy, they are not "clock watchers".

Range USA has the better facility, two ranges, resturant, simulator - good training - "Specials" during the week. Memberships available which reduces the range fees + other "perks".

But Ranger Master has it's "following" as well. Both have IDPA nights (RangeUSA - Tuesdays, RM - Fridays)

======

Oudoor range - MSSA - Memphis Shooting Sports Ass'n - 100 yard rifle range, 600 yard rifle, skeet, trap, sporting clays, several action pistol ranges, + more. Generally requires a membership, which is not cheap. Non-member IDPA twice a month.
What he said. ;D

· Registered
146 Posts
We HAD a gravel pit about 10 minutes from us, but it got shut down thanks to encroaching neighbors. :mad: :mad: The pit was a one-man operation and the neighbors got the Bureau of Mines to shut him down for various safety violations. This included the part used as a shooting range.

We now just go out of town a few miles to a rancher's property who allows us to shoot as long as we pick up after ourselves. There's usually no one there and the price is right. FREE! ;D ;D

· Registered
1,197 Posts
I frequent two ranges in my area:
Both offer IDPA, which can be fun in it's own right, but I found most useful in climbing the confidence and competence curve for the new shooter. Also safety education and training are useful. You may think yourself safe when practicing by yourself. But, when the RO calls you out for a safety violation, it cements the concept in your head better than any book you can read.

TriggerTime has a "Practical Shoot" in a separate area. They have all kinds of concealment objects like car doors to hide behind. 8)

· Registered
107 Posts
Around here all the indoor ranges are expensive and you have to buy ALL your ammo from them. I have a small one about 2-3 miles away buy it's pretty sleazy. At the other end of the spectrum Indian River County runs a very nice outdoor range for ten bucks a day. Well run line...only problem is they really aren't setup for the little SD guns with only a 15 yard and 25 yard target line. I have talked to the manager and he is working on getting some targets closer in, hope it's soon, I really don't like indoor ranges.

G

·
I go to 3 ranges:

http://www.mobiletactics.com No membership, $25 per hour or $15 half hour they supply the targets n/c. (Indoor)

http://www.fowlerfirearms.com $12.00 yearly membership then $10.00 per hour. You must buy your ammo there. You can bring your own targets or buy them there. Thursday is Ladie's Day- No range fee for the ladies and their guest and free gun rental. Friday is Men's Day- No range fee for men and their guest and free gun rental. Monday and Friday are the only days you may shoot your rifles. (Indoor)

http://www.naplesflguns.com/id4.html Many different membership and payment options. They supply targets n/c. (Outdoor)

I like them all.

· Registered
848 Posts
Shootersworld in Phoenix, AZ. $249.00/year Unlimited use of our 24 air conditioned lanes. Free Shooter's World T-Shirt per member. Free use of Hearing Protection. Free use of Eye Protection. 5% off on all regularly priced products *. 5% off all firearms purchases. One hour of private instruction for $20 (normally $50). 15% off on selected training courses. $5 handgun rental (normally $10). $10 rifle rental (normally $15). 5% discount on range ammo. FFL transfer fees $25 (normally $35). Access to "Members Only" sales. reservation privileges for one lane per member. *Excludes Sale Merchandise. or walk in for $14 per hour per person.

Twenty miles North of Phoenix is the Ben Avery Shooting Range owned and operated by Arizona Game and Fish and it is $7 per person per day.
Great big place with all kinds or ranges including archery and camping areas.
http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ben_avery.shtml

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.