Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
I have a few leather pancake holsters for revolvers from Simply Rugged. Their advice is to wear it and draw and reholster a hundred times or so. Worked for me. Check with your manufacturer to get their advice.

· Registered
27 Posts
I've worked with leather some in the past, so when I bought a leather holster for my S & W Model 19, I wrapped the pistol in a layer of cling wrap, then put it in a plastic baggie.

Soaked the holster down good with water, put the pistol down into it and went after it with a "bone folder." (google it) It's just a piece of stiff plastic, shaped about like a blunt tipped knife and rounded on all corners. I think the original ones were made of antler or ivory, but plastic works.

Use the rounded tip section to work the leather down into the crevices and angles of the gun until you're satisfied with it, then set the whole thing to one side to dry.

The leather will dry stiff to the exact shape you formed it to. Give it a nice coat of Sno-Seal - warm it to let it soak in well - or similar to protect the leather and go use it.

Not happy ?? Repeat. Did a beautiful job for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts