Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im new to the site and have a question. Does anyone make a grip filler or spacer that adds to the back of the grip of the LCP, extending the distance between the back of the grip and the trigger?

When shooting my LCP I have a problem with the triger gard hitting the first knuckle of my triger finger causing some pain, because of an earlier injury. I think by moving the back of the grip back 1/2 inch or so it will help with my large hands.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Tripp, I have the same problem but I've grown to live with it. If you want to spend a little money, Mike of Accurate-Iron can do amazing things with problems like this.

Welcome by the way.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
MurrayNevada said:
The Elsie Pea Store sells a couple of slip-on grips. They will add something to the grip size.
Murray, I don't thin that's going to cure his problem. The trigger guard angle really needs to be tweaked (relieved) but certainly a rubber slip on grip can't hurt and does help to tame the recoil a bit.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you need your grip to be a little fatter you can wrap some bicycle handle bar tape around the grip and then slip one of the rubber sleeves over the bicycle handlebar tape. Add a magazine with a finger extension and there is a world of difference in the overall grip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. I just got mine back form the recall today and looking forward to some range time. I will try to build up the grip as suggested. It will have to help. I will try some temporary things first and if I get it right I will make it more permanent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.