Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice day today, so I hope to get some velocity recording done and also produce some groups from several of my .22 rimfire rifles and the ammunition, that one "dude" can't afford. 馃槤 Guess that makes the poor guy jealous.

These tests will not be "parroted" or just copied off the inter-web like one poor person continues to do for lack of any equipment to do this sort of interesting stuff, so there's no other choice for those of that ilk, but follow along and copy what others do. I will be doing these tests myself in the very same manner that I did articles that I was actually PAID for, for "The American Gunsmith" , "Performance Shooter" and "Gun Tests" publications.
If anyone would rather follow the "questionable propaganda on the web" don't bother with anything posted here. After all, we don't need some dufus posting here what's already on the web, and as for most of us, we'd like to read what the members here actually do and recommend, and if we want to, hell we all can go on-line and find the same crap that wastes space here.
Because of ONE aggravating person here, whose only goal is to cause strife and produces nothing original, or actually done by himself, I will offer my results only through an email to those who'd like to see the pictures and velocity print outs. Sorry, but he doesn't deserve any of my attention, and by the way:

"BANTER" IS DEFINED AS : "Good-humored, playful conversation. To exchange playful or teasing remarks."
Kind of a shame that some don't even own a dictionary.

o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my
range:

Here are my Test Rifles:

Here's my Oehler 35 P chronograph:

Here's todays velocity printouts:

Here are two targets using the same rifle but with different ammunition. Can you guess which rifle and what ammunition?

So, if anyone would like any further details, just send me your email or home address and I'll be glad to send ALL the results. Heck, I'll even send the results to BBR if he provides his email or mailing address, and even his mentor "BONE-HEAD", now using a pitiful 'fake' name. 馃槻 That's the kind of really nice guy I am. :love:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working on a spreadsheet with all of the pertinent data involved with velocities from the various barrel lengths for each brand and type of .22 rimfire ammunition involved with the above test. That information will involve rifle brand and barrel length, muzzle velocity at 10 feet from the muzzle vs what the advertised and box velocities state, standard deviation, average FPS of 10 rounds fired and the extreme spread, which with some ammunition tested was at little as 6 FPS, which means those rounds are potentially VERY accurate. This was all obtained using an Oehler 35P chronograph, the next best chronograph other than laboratory equipment.
There is some work and effort involve with compiling all this information onto a spread sheet, which is all proprietary and copyrighted to 漏 S.G.W. LLC and will not be allowed to be copied or used without expressed written permission.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like Sherwood Forest. Very nice. Sorry for the banter.
Thanks and Yah, it goes east for a bit over a mile. Banter? Oh we like banter, and you know, it NEVER killed nobody.

:love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts