Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my monthly trek down to Eau Claire, WI and my normal visit to Scheel's Allsports Store if only to peruse the "experienced" gun rack to see if there might be a .22 rimfire gem that's been over-looked by others.
When I went over to the ammunition section to see if this store also looked like Mother Hubbard Cupboard, one of the employees was just finishing up stocking the shelves with MAGTEC 9mm 115 grain 50 round boxes. the guy must have placed well over 200 50 round boxes on two shelves. He also pasted asign denoting that there was a 2-box limit on this ammunition. I quickly got the wife involved, so she grabbed two boxes as I did:

We checked out at different counters, and then went looking for the sweatshirt she was after. Once she found that, she said why don't we go back and each get two more boxes. I'm not one to argue, so we went back to the ammunition shelves. EMPTY! Not one box of 9 mm Luger made by MAGTEC was left........the shelves were cleaned out.
115 full metal jacket, 50 round boxes, with at least 196 boxes after we left there, were now gone, at $14.99 per box of 50 count ammunition, vanished. Holy underwear! :oops:

I did also manage to snag 4 boxes of ELEY Team .22 ammunition also, but those were restricted also to a 2 box limit per person, at $12.99 per box:

Reactions: rpott3

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats on a nice score.(y):cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow! Great buy!! They just put in a Scheels near me in North Texas. Might have to check them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts