Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my monthly trek down to Eau Claire, WI and my normal visit to Scheel's Allsports Store if only to peruse the "experienced" gun rack to see if there might be a .22 rimfire gem that's been over-looked by others.
When I went over to the ammunition section to see if this store also looked like Mother Hubbard Cupboard, one of the employees was just finishing up stocking the shelves with MAGTEC 9mm 115 grain 50 round boxes. the guy must have placed well over 200 50 round boxes on two shelves. He also pasted asign denoting that there was a 2-box limit on this ammunition. I quickly got the wife involved, so she grabbed two boxes as I did:

We checked out at different counters, and then went looking for the sweatshirt she was after. Once she found that, she said why don't we go back and each get two more boxes. I'm not one to argue, so we went back to the ammunition shelves. EMPTY! Not one box of 9 mm Luger made by MAGTEC was left........the shelves were cleaned out.
115 full metal jacket, 50 round boxes, with at least 196 boxes after we left there, were now gone, at $14.99 per box of 50 count ammunition, vanished. Holy underwear! :oops:

I did also manage to snag 4 boxes of ELEY Team .22 ammunition also, but those were restricted also to a 2 box limit per person, at $12.99 per box:

Reactions: rpott3

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats on a nice score.(y):cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow! Great buy!! They just put in a Scheels near me in North Texas. Might have to check them out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Great buy!! They just put in a Scheels near me in North Texas. Might have to check them out.
The "Scheel's" store in Eau Claire has a much better group of folks working there, rather than those that work at Dick's or Gander Mountain. Those stores act as though they're doing you a favor when you ask them a question and I've found their prices to be quite high. I did notice that the store I was in was really low on supplies for reloading though. No primers, very little gun powder, and only brass in some of the not so favorable calibers.
If it isn't too far away, it may be worth the trek to check them out in Texas. Lots of nice firearms from Mossberg right on up to Coopers and some other high-buck dandies to [email protected]@K at.

Reactions: rclark28

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Cabelas had two pallets of 9mm the other day and the customers gobbled it right up. Two box max purchase. People were calling their friends and there was a traffic jam in the parking lot. Customers running into the store! Crazy. Den

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great buy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It is nice when you find ammo at a good price any day with the times as they are. Some places still offer good prices when they do get stock. I will not forget those that jacked up the prices.
*I love my LGS for NOT scalping me on ammo. Other local outlets have just hiked the price because people will pay.
*Good luck in the future with the current political environment!?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cabelas had two pallets of 9mm the other day and the customers gobbled it right up. Two box max purchase. People were calling their friends and there was a traffic jam in the parking lot. Customers running into the store! Crazy. Den
WOW! Whodathunk, that things would ever get to this point? I was on the web the other day and one of the sites had pictures of what they normally inventory for 9 mm Lugar. They had 43 different pictures of full boxes of 9 mm they normally stock. Not ONE dang round was available............all were marked "Back Order".
Every time I go into our local "Farm & Fleet Store", my little shopping cart automatically goes through the isles to where the ammunition shelves are. YIKES! Nothing but shotgun shells with bird-shot loads and no deer slug rounds.
I have a Mossberg 12 gauge pointed muzzle down in a plastic garbage can in my shop with two #000 rounds and then 6, #4 buckshot rounds in it, just in case a van full of "mutants" pull into the parking area. Eight rounds of buckshot, SHOULD be discouraging enough at fairly close range, and then, there's the Glock 23 with 13 "little friends" to help out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts