Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, Although I am not really "New" ( been registered here for > 10 yrs) I've been very inactive for the 8-9. Since moving from NY to TN and having my own 100yd range I am starting to shoot more and so is the wife. I'd like to brag about the best gun deal I have ever gotten. A few years back a coworker came to me after her dad passed and asked if I was interested in any of his firearms that her stepmom was looking to sell, Long story short I ended up with a stainless new style single six with both cylinders, stainless new style super Blackhawk in 44mag, antique vaquero in 45LC and a Mk IV 22/45. All with an assortment of holsters for $450.
I've already started hitting the various forums with questions and hope to be useful here as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
back from your hiatus. Reads like you've got a good group going in your handgun acquisitions so far.
It's very handy having access to a range on your own property. I have one in back of my shop that gets used quite a bit during the warmer months.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm not sure if we should be happy for you or a little disgusted. Sounds like you may have taken advantage of a widow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if we should be happy for you or a little disgusted. Sounds like you may have taken advantage of a widow.
You can be disgusted all you want but keep self righteousness to yourself if you do not know the whole story. This "widow" probably had more money than you and I put together and hated guns and her deceased husband.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome back and enjoy your new collection. I'm jealous about your range. Wish I had something that close to home.

Some widows just want to get those guns out of the house. I'm sure mine will feel the same way when I pass.

Now find some ammo and enjoy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
You can be disgusted all you want but keep self righteousness to yourself if you do not know the whole story. This "widow" probably had more money than you and I put together and hated guns and her deceased husband.
Very well put! Please, do not count ME in that above post, I'm sure you did a fair thing. Posting without knowing what the whole situation involved only makes that person look foolish. Some folks just can't seem to NOT poke their noses into where it doesn't belong. In those cases, that nose should be flattened permanently.

Reactions: Rocketman

·
Registered
251 Posts
Howdy......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome back. I relocated to TN from CT and found my groove again. I hadn't shot anything in years up north, because it was nearly impossible to find places to shoot and ranges were crowded and memberships were hideously expensive and unobtainable. Here I found plenty of places to shoot and gun stores on nearly every street corner. It's still America here. So welcome back to the forum and welcome back to America (TN)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Welcome from northwest Louisiana!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts