Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to Gander Mountain in Terre Haute Indiana. Asked if any LCPs in stock and was told they had several but could not sell them as they were back from recall but were not stamped by Ruger. Said had to send them back to get the diamond stamp before they could sell them. Just a little info. 1943

·
Registered
26 Posts
Saw one in Gander Mountain in Lakeville, Minnesota last week which they said had been back to the factory, but no stamp. It was the 370 serial number too. Bought mine from a private gun shop, which had been back already and it had the stamp.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
DesertPunisher425 said:
Apparently this was a bit of a problem, there is another member here who was sold a post recall LCP from Gander, but it lacked the diamond. He had a pretty long thread about it...
indeed ur right, I just have a hard time believing that GM would sell the ruger lcp without the recall being done. They are just to big of a seller of Rugers to not have known this, My feeling is that Ruger let them get out to gander without the stamp but indeed with all the recall stuff. Still going to be hard to say which came first the chicken or the egg. I would think if they came with that pinkie magazine,then indeed it was a recalled gun then and ok to sell. Alot of these GM people haven't a clue as to what we are talking about either.

Knowing what this group knows and going into gander and acting kinda dumb to the recall etc, you will get a ton of "sales" type answers. Pays to keep on these gun forum, for between all the B. S. that is also spread on these forums are some darn good FACTS to remember to..

guarantee you if a GM empolyee is not reading this forum they would not have a clue as to the metal mag release..

smoke um if you got um ;D

G

·
I bought my LCP from Gander ... have a friend that works there and said they just got 5 in. I ran right down there. This was about 2 months ago.

They very specifically pointed out the stamp to me, and showed me a flyer sitting on the counter explaining the whole recall thing.

This was in Rockford, IL.

John

·
Registered
35 Posts
1943 said:
Just talked to Gander Mountain in Terre Haute Indiana. Asked if any LCPs in stock and was told they had several but could not sell them as they were back from recall but were not stamped by Ruger. Said had to send them back to get the diamond stamp before they could sell them. Just a little info. 1943
Bought mine from Gander Moutian they new their stuff. They had 5 should of bought them all. Try a Crimson Laser.Just love mine, yes has the stamps, Diamond and R, and finger mag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1943 said:
Go to Ruger LCP web sight. Us the E-Mail RECALL FORM they will tell you weather your pistol has been refitted with the RECALL PARTS. That worked for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.