Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
I agree with you, hoping Trump gets rid of that $200 tax stamp. Early in his campaign he did mention that he was going to elimate the tax.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Would be nice. Never understood why suppressors were included as destructive firearm devices. Many other countries mandate suppressors for hunting and outdoor shooting.

Even with the tax and wait it amazes me the number of folks pursuing them now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It would be nice to be easier / cheaper to get a suppressor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
In many other countries a suppressor is the "polite way to shoot". Don't disturb the public and they won't know what you're doing, or have much to beech about!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I also wish all the red tape would disappear from suppressor ownership. It would be great to be able to legally build our own and shoot with it at the range. Also the cost would go down because any small machine shop could make them. There are plenty of designes to look at and point us in the right direction to create our own. Den.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Heck, when we were kids we just stuck a baby bottle nipple on the muzzle end when sniping squirrels on a local golf course. Lasted maybe three .22 Shorts, and then needed to be replaced.

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
2 Posts
Too many people think suppressors are magical devices that make gunshots inaudible. I hate the word "silencer" because it promotes the movie myth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts