Ruger Pistol Forums banner

FFL (Federal Firearm License) Online Check - FFLeZCheck

17K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  danceswithangels 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
HowardCohodas said:
When I purchased my first firearm online I used GunBroker to find an FFL in my area. I interviewed three candidates before selecting one. I used this service to verify that the candidates had current, valid FFL's.

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/fflSearchDisplay.do
also if the ffl holder will give you his first 3 and last 5 digits of his license,you can go to ez check and print off his ffl and it will tell you if it is still valid and it is also legal for transporting to. It will not give the full ffl# but BTAF recognizes it and it just has to be sent along with a transfer. Saves a ffl from making copies etc. I have used it alot, saves alot of time. really nice..

#6 ·
Anyone in the Clearwater Florida area, that is in need of an FFL, I have an outstanding group of people here.
Charlie and Sue are some of the nicest people, and are a pleasure to deal with. Here is their information:
Company - CWU, Inc dba C&S Systems
http://www.calloncs.com/about.html
Type - FFL Transfer Agent
Charles Jenkins
2070 Weaver Park Drive
Clearwater, FL 33765
FFL Transfer Fee: $30.00
727-442-3431

#7 ·
i used gunbrokers ffl finder when i bought the lcp's

found a dealer that accepts transfers for FREE :)

#8 ·
I am fortunate ,as my neighbor 7 miles away is an FFL dealer. Think there was a new guide line listed as all sellers now accept an FFL emailed to them I beleive....Cheaper than dirt also requires an additonal form be down loaded and filled out once you have put the gun into checkout,they issue an order number that I.D.s your firearm your purchasing. Just an FYI.. Happy Holidays to all.

#10 ·
...a good place to find a FFL in your area that is active at Buds. You'll see a banner named "Locate FFL"....click and enter your Zip:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

All the FFL's listed have their current license on file with Buds, thus have accepted transfers. There are two categories...Preferred and otherwise. They also provide all the info you need about the FFL you select....including mileage to the dealer. On the otherwise group it is best to contact the FFL and let them know you'll have a transfer on the way. My FFL is in the otherwise group, but knows me and it's not necessary to make the contact. Buds will accept a FAX of the FFL license if your FFL is not on file.

All FFL's listed by the BATF don't necessarily deal with gun transfers....those listed at Buds are in the transfer business.

Hope that will provide another lawyer of assistance.

Tarheel

#12 ·
+1 on Buds list...I found a "preferred" gunsmith very close to my house that only charges $15 long guns and $20 handguns (Thats because PA has it's own instant check that costs $5 ::))
I Have not used him yet, but I might for my next purchase...I tried to get a price out of Buds on a Kahr CM9 but they could not give me the info yet :(

#13 ·
Great info. I have not purchased a firearm out of state (FL) yet, but I may end up doing so soon. My local dealer in Inverness now wants $55.00 to do a transfer. I had to use him a few years back to get some .22 actions and the transfer fee was only $15.00. Looks like someone got hungry. I did a little searching and found a lot of them close by for $20-$30 dollars, but I felt a lttle easy about doing this with someone I've never dealt with. Got a good recommendation now for a straight shooter in Clearwater and that is close enough for me to use. Thanks for all this good information. Now if I can just fine a reasonable deal on a Savage 17BSEV. Can't find one in any of the gun shows around here. I've got trick 10/22 one holers now so I don't need a BSEV in 22LR. I'd prefer the BSEV in 17HMR, but I'm just about to the point I'd settle for a .22 Magnum. There was a Savage .22mg at the show Saturday that I darn near purchased. I can't remember the model # and can't find one like it online. It had a stock like a 93BRJ but with a twisted blued heavy barrel. I never saw a barrel with twisted flutes all the way up before. Kind of pretty. I'm starting to kick myself a little for not buying it. I almost drove back down there, about an hour drive to get it today, but bigger than you know what, I'd drive all the way down there and it would be gonel Dealer wanted $414 for it which seemed like a pretty fair starting price, but I was thinking that if I bought that one, sure as shootin, the next day a 17BSEV would show up and I wouldn't have the money to buy it. (or convince my wife I really needed two new rifles in two days) This one was a shoo in with her, she thought it was the nicest looking rifle in the whole show, and she said that more than once. Hint hint hint. But I really want the 17BSEV. Dealer that had this said give me a deposit to order one, and wait 6 months to a year and maybe it will come in. He said he had that .22 mag ordered for darn near 5 months before he got it. Seems like Savage is busy as you know what and it is tough to get anything from them right now. Oh well, thins will open up eventually.

Thanks again for the info.

#14 ·
Found the number of the Savage .22mag I mentioned above. It is a 93BRJ. Bud's had one for $394 so the $414 th guy was asking at the show was reasonable and would have been cheaper that Bud's by a little. No shipping charges from Buds (except for $5.00 to insure it) but then one has to deal with the transfer fee. Pretty mush a wash on the price. Only the BSEV and BRJ models have the "twisted fluted" barrels. Bud's also has a place to see a list of FFLs in your zip code area for transfers. I'm going to give Bud's a call tomorrow and see if the really have a BSEV17 in stock, if so, it is going to be mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.