Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using PayPal only since 2015 when my web-site got going in February of that year. Maybe I've been fortunate to only have three "jack-wagons" stiff me for parts that were delivered according to the USPS tracking number, that the buyer got for FREE because PayPal sided with them and their money was refunded, when they claimed they didn't get the part(s) they ordered, even though the tracking number says they did.
Once I send anything out the door, I have absolutely no control over what UPS, or USPS does, and if they deliver to a wrong address, or the item gets lost, I need to file an insurance claim................after 45 days, to try and get my costs recovered. The waiting 45 days part is ridiculous, especially when the customer ordered either 2, or 3 day delivery, weekends or holidays not included.
I then put that customer on my "refuse their order list" thereafter, just in case they try to order anything again. Fortunately, there are only 3 entities on that list.

Seems though, that PayPal is very quick to declare the seller at fault even when the customer got the part when it was promised by USPS, yet they freeze payment to me and take their sweet A$$ time looking into the proof that I sent them concerning USPS delivery. It only makes me wonder if the nitwits that handle these "non-delivery complaints" are just a bunch of hoplophobic jerks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have had issues too with "PayPal". Always get a fault error and it takes forever to prove shipments etc. May be a coincidence but I do not believe in them. Others not just the OP have had the same thing and the only connecting factor is it is firearm related.
*I hope it is just a fluke but the past 6 months I have had issues on this matter. We have opted for now to limit the use of "PayPal" but they are sometimes the only option.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have the opposite experience with PayPal. (now). I ship using PayPal linked to Ebay. I had a customer state that they didn't get a package and PayPal took back the money and asked me to get tracking and proof of delivery.
I provided what they asked for and asked why I should have to provide it as it is all linked together. They gave back the money. They made me a "preferred" vendor. They stated that any future claims involving "lost" shipments
would be handled internally and I wouldn't even see it unless it was not a linked shipment. They stated that as a preferred vendor moneys would not be taken back until the purchaser could prove their claim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have heard both sides of this argument. My "take" on it is a little different.

I do not believe that PayPal wants to discriminate against 2nd Amendment purchases or gun ownership, but given their place in the payment processing food chain it would be illogical for them to try to stay abreast with and administrate transactions across the wide variety of local laws governing said transactions. Rather than try to "herd cats" if you will, they opt out completely. They do the same for transactions for many medical categories of products as well.

No, I have no relationship with PayPal other than being a customer.

Just my . . . . . .

2 cents.JPG

Z

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have sold many gun accessories on eBay over the past ten years. Holsters, magazines, cleaning kits, gun parts. I have never had an issue with PayPal over any of it. I shipmby USPS with a tracking # so proof of delivery is easily established. In ten years I have never had USPS package that was wrongly delivered or not delivered. Guess I am lucky.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the opposite experience with PayPal. (now). I ship using PayPal linked to Ebay. I had a customer state that they didn't get a package and PayPal took back the money and asked me to get tracking and proof of delivery.
I provided what they asked for and asked why I should have to provide it as it is all linked together. They gave back the money. They made me a "preferred" vendor. They stated that any future claims involving "lost" shipments
would be handled internally and I wouldn't even see it unless it was not a linked shipment. They stated that as a preferred vendor moneys would not be taken back until the purchaser could prove their claim.
Hey, thanks for that info. I'm going to look into that. I ALWAYS ship priority mail with tracking and prove it with scanned information to them when a claim pops up.
Maybe the above post about going the vendor route will be better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paypal has strongly indicated they are strongly anti-gun. They prohibit use of their service for purchasing guns, and discontinue services for customers who they catch using their service to buy or sell guns. It would be hard to be more obvious than that.
I am fairly sure they prohibit use of their service to buy 11+ round magazines.
It is surprising that they allow their service to be used for purchasing any firearm related products.

USPS has been seriously messed up since the election. And they were already messed up pretty badly since March of 2020 with the lock downs.
First Class is no longer reliable or timely.
Priority is delayed by days or longer.
Tracked packages take days to get scanned and sit for days or longer after being scanned.
USPS lost packages are going 8+ months without reimbursement. Their current tactic is to close the case after 7 months, and allow the case to be reopened if the package does not show up in another 30 days. So far, no lost packages have magically turned up on that 8 month mark, and no response after reopening the cases.
Meanwhile, customers demand and receive refunds after the expected delivery date, and recovering the insurance and shipping cost from USPS only covers what was refunded to the customer, and does nothing to reimburse the seller for the value of the lost item, or the profit earned from selling the item.

Shipcover on the Ebay website will reimburse insured value of packages relatively quickly, but you have to get the customer to respond to their email asking them to confirm that the package has not been delivered, within the short deadline, or they close the case permanently.

Interesting intersection of Paypal and USPS.
USPS generally do not ever refund the value of the postage for a lost package that was never delivered.
If you pay for the postage with Paypal, you can file with Paypal for non-fulfillment of the service of delivering the package. I have never seen USPS respond to a claim filed through Paypal. In the absence of an response from the vendor, Paypal will find in the favor of the customer, and refund the money.
In the event that USPS ever does decide to issue a refund, after all of their delays, the customer can decline to accept the refund, having already recovered the postage cost from Paypal. (The insured value of the item is a separate claim only through USPS.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts