Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would rather not say

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot both eyes open for pistol, shotgun, 3gun carbine, and one eye closed for long-range rifle. My competition eye protection have my sighting eye tuned for my front sight and the other for distance. When I practice for self defense I use non prescription safety glasses. I must be able to shoot without my glasses. Den

Also in my view, (no pun intended) When you shoot both eyes open, point shooting in the high ready position happens naturally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am left-handed and cross-dominant, so I close my left eye when shooting most pistols. My Smith & Wesson M&P9 with a Trijicon Green Dot I can shoot with both eyes open.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I am left-handed and cross-dominant, so I close my left eye when shooting most pistols. My Smith & Wesson M&P9 with a Trijicon Green Dot I can shoot with both eyes open.
I'm the same way but I also shoot with either hand. I've always been that way so I practice shooting with left hand and right hand equally.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I use to shoot with both eyes open, then I started shooting with my left eye closed. Now I am shooting again with both eyes open. It’s very hard for me to break the habit closing my left eye.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When shooting IDPA comp. we are required to shoot with weak hand quite a bit. I still use my right eye for sight duty when shooting left (weak) hand. Same when practicing weak hand self defense with my carry weapons. But still both eyes open. Den

·
Registered
333 Posts
I shoot with one eye open but drive with both eyes closed ... :pride:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't see well as I use too, so I shoot with both eyes open.:positive:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I shoot with one eye open but drive with both eyes closed ... :pride:
How can anyone be so be so unkind to arrest a man for driving while bind?! ZZ-Top
*Since turning 60yrs. old, I have been working on my eyesight and sight picture. Been trying to learn better ways to shoot targets for 3yrs. now. I now practice point and shoot with both eyes open but have decided to get some training for target shooting. Working on some glasses and still using iron sights. Have considered using different optics but the jury is still out for me. If this political crap ever settles down I will get back to more target shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts