Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's my backup gun only

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
RevDerb said:
I carry an extra mag with whatever gun I'm carrying that day.
I wholly agree with you there. My normal carry is a full-size Tanfoglio with and extra 15rd Mag. I don't expect to use all 31 rounds but I like to be as prepared as possible.

When I'm wearing lighter clothes, I'll carry the LCP with 1 extra mag. Just put in an order at the Elsie Store so I'll be carrying two. Also, in 9mm x 17mm, the 380 doesn't pack as much of a punch as a 9mm. So I'll take as many magazines as I can comfortably carry. They're only slightly larger than a pack of gum anyways. ;D

·
Registered
452 Posts
I normally don't carry an extra mag now. I did when I first started carrying, but found that I played with the top round in my pocket every time I was up and walking or standing (can you get lead poisoning from that). Anyway, I quit carrying it figuring that if I ever had need to use the LCP it would be to get out of whatever situation I was in, then I would run away as fast as I could......
[/quote]

LOL! I thought I was the only one who did that! :D I find it distracting when I'm in a boring meeting. I haven't yet experienced lead poisoning, but maybe that's why my head hurts every day at work??? ??? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I plan on carrying an extra magazine. I was disappointed that Ruger only provided one and challenged their customer service department to make it good. This was their response:

Both the LCP and the LC9 pistols are shipped from the factory with one magazine only. They are shipped in that manner because they are both mainly used as backup weapons or for conceal carry and, in those cases, extra magazines would probably not be needed. These are the only semi-auto pistols that we produced that are shipped with one magazine only but they are advertised that way and are priced accordingly.

If you need further information, please visit our website at www.ruger.com or contact us at:

Revolvers, shotguns, rifles, 10/22 Charger Pistol: (603) 865-2442
Pistols: (928) 778-6555
Serial Number History Information: (603) 865-2424

Personal note: I visited the Ruger site and it didn't say how many magazines it provided. Their logic is flawed implying that as a backup or conceal carry weapon no one would have desire or a need for an extra magazine. It's too bad, I've seen Colt and others send a second magazine when their customer's contacted them about the deficiency. I will say that except for that glaring issue I'm sold on the LCP.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I keep my spare mag for my LCP or LC9 (whichever I'm carrying that day) in the center console of my car. I know that is not going to help me if I am away from my car, but my philosophy is to get out of the situation quickly, back door etc. and get to my car. During my work day, I am either in a customer's store or in my car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't carry one, yet. I'm waiting around for someone to come out with a 8 round mag with finger grip. ;D
i think there is a base pad that adds 1 more round for the LCP mag. its not 8 rounds but its a plus. i thinks its impact guns if im not mistaken

·
Registered
294 Posts
2nd mag always present. For starters, that is the most likely part of your weapon to fail. I'd rather pop in a new mag than throw the worthless one at the BG and hope it hits him in a fatal spot. Second, I'm not 100% positive I will hit the BG and friend or friends with just one mag unless I can get them to stand there nice and still while holding a target over their vitals. There are just too many stats that show lots of rounds being shot by "experts" with no hits in high stress situations. It is a whole different world when you have someone moving and shooting at you while you attempt to shoot them. Two spare mags would even be better. If my weapon of choice for the day happens to be my Kahr P40, I carry at least one 10 round spare. If the need arises to go to a second mag, at that point who cares if it is hanging below the pistol. Has anyone tried a NAA 10 rounder in their LCP that can give us a report on it?? If it does work consistently, that may be the way to go for a backup mag for Elsie.

Carrying with no backup mag is still 10000% better than no firearm at all, but carrying with a spare mag is a whole lot better and greatly increases ones options.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Always one extra. Most of the time two extra. Why be limited to 7 or even 13 rounds when 19 is such a nice number?

·
Registered
926 Posts
or 25, or 31, or just back it up with an M4. personal preference, training, and experience will make that a very individual decision.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Couldn't vote on the choices given. Presently I have 1 spare mag @ 9, when I leave home another one is added or the Glock is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought a nylon holster off the internet that has a pouch for a 2nd clip. It works fine and I like the convenience of a 2nd clip close to me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think I should, but for me, I basically know the first round is gonna go off, so at worst I have a one-shot derringer... the mag-failure issue isn't a biggie with me. BUT most likely, 7 shots will work, which is great for one assailant, and okay for two....but at close range, with two or more (where more than 7-8 shots might be needed, I don't see having time for a mag change).
This isnt a gunfighting gun for me, so much as a surprise-and-shoot them from 1-3.5 feet away gun. That said, the laser is sighted in at 25Y, so if I have to brace and take a headshot at 25Y, I should be able to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wonder why there isn't a "yes" to check? That being said, I always carry an extra mag. No matter how much range time we get we can never have too many rounds to feed the Girl. Better more should the SHTF............

41 - 60 of 63 Posts