Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
G

·
TampaKen said:
Be it him, Jeff Quinn (with the trademark looooong beard) or whomever, there are folks out there with experience offering honest opinions and observations. IN the end, thats what ANY review is. YMMV
That's how I feel; I'm looking for someone's honest opinion that is more learned/experienced than me. Their dress, beards, dialect, etc. is of no concern ... just the facts M'am! ;)
Ray

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
jonjon said:
Deadbolt said:
In fact, people were shocked when nutnfancy did a review of the Ruger Single Six while wearing blue jeans, a button down shirt, and a leather holster.
I see your point, I'd be shocked if Ronald MacDonald did a commercial without his costume. But, I would take it more seriously.
Yeah, but nobody would remember it. Online persona is just as important to marketing as the information he or she provides. Nutnfancy is about 20 big steps above my tactical level of reality, but I know a lot of it is a gimmick to keep me entertained while he's throwing out information. And he's a helluva lot more entertaining than some other youboob "gear reviewer" that just sits behind a cloth covered table, talking about a tool, weapon, or knife that he's never even used. For me, I especially enjoy all the little things you see on his backpacking trips, as well as the knife clinics, which are very informative. As for guns, I don't care... Either I'm going to like it or not. But he does make a lot of good points when it comes to stuff, and last time I checked, he's a better long distance shooter than me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The ONLY publications that I've actually been a part of, that produce accurate reviews and testing of guns and 'smith work, is "Gun Tests" and "The American Gunsmith" publications. They take absolutely no advertising and then, are not "owned" by those advertisers to provide favorite status ink.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts