Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good One Howard! I second the recommendation and I almost think it should be mandatory that a new member provide this info! Just giving us a screen name doesn't tell much about the individual! ;D ;D

·
Registered
696 Posts
yeah, i was thinking about that also. Another thing is age, I believe if only year was required, alot more people would input, but having to put complete birthdate in, is keeping alot of people from releasing that info(that whole identity theft thing)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Keep in mind some folks prefer not to have their location indicated and that is their right.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Location option has been added. Present members will need to edit their profile if desired. It is optional.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little Honcho said:
Location option has been added. Present members will need to edit their profile if desired. It is optional.
Thank you. Of course, I immediately had to try it. Two thoughts. I was at first confused because there are two items on the form identified as Location. I wonder if the data in the first one is available? Second, on my screen, the display of location which includes the word "location" is pushing the edge of the allowable space and my location is relatively simple, i.e. Canton, OH. I just checked on another forum I frequent and long location names automatically display on multiple so the format wont be messed up.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There you go. Location Location - sounds like a real estate agent or marketing pitch didn't it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts