Ruger Pistol Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well I couldn't get anyone to post a pictures of targets shot at using the CT laser. So what did I do? I went out and purchased from the Elsie Pea Store along with the factory magazine with the finger grip. It's nice not having to worry about buying things for the kids. They are grown now and have there own family. I can be a kid again :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just got my CT laser from the store along with some other stuff. Could hardly wait to get it on and test it out and sight in in.

Put the battery in OK. Putting it on around the trigger guard was easy. Laser lit up easily with the push of a button. I liked the location of the button, at least for me. Nice and bright also.

Followed the directions to the T and found that one of the final mounting screws was stipped out. (NO - I didn't do it!)

I tried every way I could to get it to take and finally took everything apart, boxed it up for shipment to Crimson Trace, and will call them Monday morning to gripe.

Things can happen - I know. But it really p....d me off to tell you the truth.

Reminds me of the Crimson Trace grips I got for my S&W 340. Got all excited when I got them..Mounted them up and tested them out in the house. Waited until the range opened in a couple of days and made a 20 mile trip to sight it in. Paid my money and set up targets for firing after waiting for a lane to finally open up. Found that they had included no allen wrenches with it to adjust the sights.

Boxed it up and went home - fumming.

I called them at CT and they sent me several more with apologies. But I do remember now very distinctly that it really p....d me off royally at the time.

Deja vu -- all over again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: CT LG-431 review

Mud Pie said:
HowardCohodas said:
picketeer said:
Where are you guys buying the LG-431s at discount prices. What prices are you able to get??? How about holsters with it attached to the LCP, is this a problem?

I bought mine from Shooters Resource. They always seem to have the best price and offer free lifetime batteries. http://www.shooters-resource.com/Me...de=SROS&Product_Code=LG-431&Category_Code=Rug. $164.95 includes shipping.

I just ordered a Desantis Super Fly configured for the LCP with LG-431. It replaces my current Super Fly.

I also ordered a Covert Carry Small Sleeve to try this method of carry. http://www.covertcarrier.com/id7.html. I think it can be adjusted to accommodate the LG-431. We'll see.

I checked the web site, it states the LG-431 does NOT qualify for the free lifetime battery deal. Why would that be ??? :mad:
I don't have the resoning why, but the free batteries for life offer is made only for 2032 batteries. Most of the CTC Lasergrips use this battery, but the Laserguard series uses the 1/3N 3v Lithium or two 357 silver oxide batteries. My guess, is that CTC hasn't worked out a deal with a vendor to provide the 1/3 N batteries at a reasonable enough price yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
erdoc,

I just took mine to the range for the first time and I went through way too much range time and ammo to get it somewhat sighted. After that I didn't have any time to test it. How'd you do it? I steadied mine on a duct taped phone book and took 4 shot at 7 yards to determine a pattern. (I'm still learning to shoot straight) Then I adjusted to the direction of the shots. Mine was high and left right out of the box. Is there an easier/more accurate/less ammo wasting way to sight it.

That is a gun in my pocket, but I am indeed happy to see you,

JE

·
Registered
33 Posts
To sight mine in, I just set the target at the range I wanted the laser to be sighted at. Then I looked down the normal sights and adjusted until it was just above them. That was it. After that, I could hit the bullseye most of the time (hands are still a little unsteady).

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got my CT over the weekend and got it mounted up. I sighted mine the way juicebox suggested since I very little ammo, but will get some Friday so I can shoot it with the CT mounted on it. So far I love the look, almost looks factory. Great job on the design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New guy here. Just ordered the Crimson Trace for my LCP from the Elsie Pea store. I hope it's all you guys say it is. I'm sure it will be. Had to order me a new pocket holster too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my Crimson Trace. Took all of 3-4 minutes to install. Fits like a glove. Looks like it came on the gun. Did a bunch of dry firing (with snap caps). I have no problem operating the laser. Can't wait to get to the range and try it out. At this point I'm loving it. Very very nice piece of equipment.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts